On Thursday at T-Mobile Park, the Seattle Mariners (12-13) began a four-game series against the Tampa Bay Rays (15-10) at 9:40 p.m. ET.
As a favourite, the Rays play (-130 on the moneyline) to the Mariners (+110). Against the Mariners and Robbie Ray (2-2), The Ray will pass the ball to Shane McClanahan (1-2).
The Rays registered a 3-0 win over the Athletics in their last game yesterday. JP Ferrysen was the winning pitcher after throwing 1 1/3 innings without dropping an earned run on a hit, while Randy Arozerena went 1-for-3 with a double to lead the offensive.
The Mariners suffered a 7-2 loss to the Astros yesterday. Eugenio Suarez (-3 for 1 with RBI) led the offensive, while Matt Brash lost on the mound after going three innings, conceding four earned runs on six hits while scoring three .
Here’s everything you need to prepare for Thursday’s Rays vs. Mariners competition.
Tampa Bay Rays vs Seattle Mariners Odds & Betting Lines
Courtesy of Major League Baseball Odds Tipico Sportsbook, Updated on Wednesday at 11:04PM ET. For a complete list of sports betting odds, access the USA Today Sports Betting Scores odds hub.
- Favorite: Rays (-130, bet $130 to win $100)
- a person or group of low caliber: Mariners (+110, bet $100 to win $110)
- over under: 6.5
Deposit $10, get $200 instantly: Take action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ on Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA Today Network Offers: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credits instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
beam statistics and trends
Razz Betting Records
- Ray has entered the game as a favorite 22 times this season and won 14, or 63.6%, of those games.
- Tampa Bay has a 12-8 record in games where bookies favored them by as low as -130 on the moneyline.
- Based on Moneyline, the implied chance of winning from Razz is 56.5%.
- Tampa Bay and its opponents have hit overs in 11 out of a total of 25 matches this season.
- The Rays are 11-14-0 against the spread in their 25 chances this season.
Shane McClanahan (Rays potential starter)
- The Rays’ McClanahan (1-2) will make his sixth start of the season.
- The left-hander conceded three earned runs in 5 2/3 innings on Saturday in his last outing, a matchup with the Minnesota Twins.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 3.00, 6 strike-to-walk ratio and a whip of 1.000 in five matches this season.
- He has made two good starts this season on five occasions.
- McClanahan has made three starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Mariners are ranked 14th in MLB this season with 104 runs. He has a batting average of .229 in this campaign with 24 home runs (11th in the league).
- Among qualified pitchers in this campaign majors, the 25-year-old ranked 37th in ERA (3.00), 29th in WHIP (1.000) and 1st in K/9 (14).
ray batting stats
- The Rays’ 22 home runs rank 13th in Major League Baseball.
- The Hitters for the Razz Major are seventh with a combined .394 team slugging percentage.
- Tampa Bay’s team batting average this season is .245, ranking sixth among MLB teams.
- The Rays are seventh this season with a total of 109 runs and are among the highest-scoring teams in the league.
- Tampa Bay’s OBP this season is .315, ranking 12th in MLB.
- The Rays are ranked 24th in strikes per game (8.8) among MLB offenses.
Mariners Stats & Trends
Mariners Betting Records
- The Mariners have been victorious in six or 35.3% of the 17 competitions selected as underdogs this season.
- Seattle’s win-loss record is 3-8 with bookmakers getting +110 or worse this year.
- According to the moneyline set by the oddsmakers for this matchup, the Mariners have a 47.6% chance of winning.
- Seattle and its opponents have exceeded the total in 12 of their 25 occasions this season.
- With a line-up in 25 matches this season, the Mariners have a 14-11-0 mark against the spread.
Robbie Ray (Mariners potential starter)
- Ray (2-2) received early clearance for the Mariners at the sixth start of the season. He has 4.15 ERA in 30 1/3 innings, with 26 strikes.
- In his most recent appearance on Saturday against the Miami Marlins, the left-hander threw 5 2/3 innings, giving away four hits and three earned runs.
- The 30-year-old has an ERA of 4.15 and 7.7 strikeouts per nine innings during five matches this season, while the opposing batsmen are allowed a batting average of .234.
- Ray would like to record his fourth quality start of the year in this outing.
- Ray will try to prolong his six-game streak of going in five or more innings (he averages 6.0 innings per outing).
- They will face a Rays squad that is hitting .245 as a unit (sixth in MLB). They are also trailing the collective .394 (seventh in the league) with a total of 22 runs (13th in MLB play).
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season, the 30-year-old has a 4.15 ERA of 53rd, a 1.253 WHIP rank of 50th and a 7.7K/9 rank of 43rd.
Mariners batting stats
- The Mariners are ranked 11th in MLB action with 24 home runs. They average one per game.
- So far this season the Mariners are ranked 16th in the league with a slugging .373.
- Seattle’s batting average is ranked 17th in the league (.229).
- At an average of 4.2 runs per game (104 total), the Mariners are the 14th highest-scoring team in MLB play.
- Seattle’s .316 on-base percentage is the 10th best in baseball.
- The Mariners finished 14th in baseball by striking out 8.1 times per game.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO & NJ at Tipico Sportsbook.
Rays vs Mariners: Live Streaming Info & Game Timings
- Game day: Thursday, May 5, 2022
- time to play: 9:40 PM ET
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
- TV Channel: Root Sports Northwest
- live stream: fuboTV (watch for free)
Gannett can earn revenue from Tipico for referral of spectators to betting services. Tipico has no influence on or is dependent on or associated with any such revenue from newsrooms or news coverage. For Terms and Conditions visit Tipico.com. 21+ only. problem Yok? Call 1-800-GAMMER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).