Oral hygiene is necessary not only for the health of the teeth, but also for the body itself, as an infection can cause general malaise, affecting it. However, after each meal, it is often recommended to wash them very thoroughly to prevent cavities, damage or deterioration caused by certain bacteria in the mouth that can lead to tooth loss, according to the United States. specifies the National Library of Medicine. , MedlinePlus.
Bacterial plaque gets deposited on the teeth within minutes after eating food. It is important to brush your teeth daily because if you do not brush your teeth, plaque can lead to cavities and other gum diseases.
,If you don’t remove plaque, it becomes a hard deposit. Which is known as tartar which gets stuck at the base of the tooth. Plaque and tartar cause gum irritation and burning”, details Medline Plus, US National Library of Medicine website.
Frequent visits to the dentist are necessary to verify that there is no dental problem. In case there is tartar, a professional will go through the proper procedure to remove it.
Better With Health, a website specializing in health and personal care, suggests that there is one herb that may help eliminate it naturally:
- Handful of thyme leaves (20 grams).
- One tablespoon of water (10 ml).
- Wash the parsley and chop it finely.
- Stir well until you get a paste.
- Apply the paste on the teeth.
- Let him act for five minutes.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water.
The portal states that alkaline water can have many benefits for the body because it has a “pH” that is “greater than 7.5”, so high that it has on various occasions replaced energy drinks for high-performance athletes. , that is, in the end, to improve muscle endurance.
The potential benefit, which Health Portal states, that sodium bicarbonate brings is to enhance muscle performance, as it helps eliminate excess lactic acid during physical activity, preventing injury or cramping.
On the other hand, as an antioxidant, it helps prevent premature aging, treats reflux, Preventing cancer and improving blood circulation in the body, he notes.
it is necessary to do this process Only once a week because “the acid in the lemon can in turn damage or weaken the teeth,” explains Mejor con Salud.
- medium Lemon.
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of warm water.
- Heat half a cup of water.
- When it becomes lukewarm, squeeze lemon in it.
- Take some water before sleeping and swish it well in your mouth.
- Wash thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Quarter 1 cup (62 ml) of warm water.
- Two tablespoons (20 ml) of hydrogen peroxide.
- Pour hydrogen peroxide and warm water into a container.
- Shake very well.
- Drink from the mixture and stir well for one minute.
- Spit out the mixture and repeat again for one minute.
- Wash your face with cold water.
- This can be repeated up to three times a week as a rinse, after brushing your teeth.
How to avoid tartar?
It is important to have proper dental hygiene to avoid the appearance of tartar. Medline Plus, a website of the United States National Library of Medicine, suggests some ways to avoid it:
- Brush at least twice a day. It is important to choose a brush that is not too large for the shape of the mouth. Experts recommend choosing a toothbrush with soft, round bristles.
- Use an electric toothbrush, as they are better than manual ones.
- Floss at least once a day. It is important to use it slowly so as not to affect the gums. Its use helps prevent periodontal disease.
- Visit the dentist at least every six months for a deep dental cleaning and oral checkup to know the condition of the teeth.
Seven tips to take care of your gums and protect your teeth
Gums refer to the mucous membrane of the mouth that surrounds the teeth and is composed of connective tissue covered by epithelium. It is also known as gingival tissue and is part of the periodontium, a group of structures responsible for supporting and fixing teeth within bone sockets.
According to Major Con Salud magazine, This tissue hugs each tooth at the level of the dental neck or cementoenamel line. In this way, a seal is formed that protects the dental root, bone and other supporting structures. Thus, the normal appearance of healthy gums is pale pink in color and with an orange peel-like texture.
Generally, when gums change color, lose their appearance, become swollen, uncomfortable and may even bleed, it indicates the presence of bacterial plaque and other agents that impair oral health. Huh.
Gum Care Tips
- Cleaning the space between the teeth: Where the teeth come into contact, bacterial plaque usually accumulates and the bristles of the toothbrush cannot reach this area. Therefore, it is necessary to clean the interdental space with the help of dental floss every day. This silk should be passed between the teeth to remove all kinds of food residues.
- Use a suitable toothpaste: It is crucial for oral health. Therefore, it is important to look for a toothpaste that contains fluoride, but to be more certain about it, an oral health specialist should be consulted.
- Complete Hygiene with Mouthwash: The use of these products is friendly to the gums and teeth. Thus, the colutorios gain access to all areas of the mouth, Even where brushes and silks don’t reach. They also facilitate cleaning of the attached gingival and alveolar mucosa.
- Take care of diet: In order to have a diet conducive to oral health, it is necessary to choose foods of natural origin and rich in vitamins and minerals. In general, Vitamins C, B and K make the gums strong, so it is important to include broccoli, citrus fruits and kiwi in the diet.
- Visit the dentist regularly: Visiting the dentist every six months helps maintain the gums and the rest of the mouth. generallyThe professional will advise on the best ways to protect the oral structures. “Also, if there is a problem, with timely diagnosis, you can solve it immediately. In this way you will avoid discomfort, complications and the need for more complex treatments in the future”, indicates Major Con Salud.
- Be careful with prosthetics or orthodontics: In particular, dentures, implants or orthodontic appliances increase the risk of gum disease, so more attention should be paid to gum tissue. This means that it is important to brush the prosthesis, the areas between the implants And eliminate the bacterial plaque that builds up in the brackets to prevent any damage to the gum tissue.