Mexico City ,
Telmex, Telcel, Izzi, Totalplay, AT&T, Telefónica Movistar and others Internet, telephone and pay television companies Companies operating in Mexico reduced the prices of their mobile and fixed services last year.
By December 2022, lMobile and fixed services prices They had an annual decline of 7.82 and 8.34 percent, respectively., Contributing to preventing inflation from being higher than that observed at the national level, highlighted the Federal Institute of Telecommunications (IFT) in a statement.
Compared to headline inflation, prices for fixed and mobile telephone and Internet services as well as pay television, There has been a sharp reduction in the prices, a trend that remains for the first half of January 2023.
eastSavings shortfall translates for Mexican householdsWhich he earmarked for the consumption of other essential goods or services, stressed the regulatory body of the telecom sector in the country.
Considering that two years ago houses in the country spent an average of 347 pesos a month on mobile services and 465 pesos exactly, 1.9 and 2.23 percent of their income, respectively, from According to ENEGI’s 2020 National Household Income and Expenditure Survey.
fixed internet and telephone costs
cost of Internet, telephony and pay television packagesIts various combinations range from 509 pesos to 1,530 pesos, depending on the company.
- telmex: From 509 pesos to 1,499 pesos per month, depending on the megabyte, prices that remain in place through 2022.
- Easy: 660 pesos to 1,530 pesos per month, depending on megabytes; The company reduced the prices of its packages by up to 80 pesos.
- total drama: From 700 pesos to 1000 pesos per month depending on the megabyte of the package; Offers a lifetime discount of up to 80 pesos from the sixth month of the contract.
Internet and mobile phone costs
The postpaid plans of the three main mobile operators in the country range from pesos to pesos,
- telcel: 263 pesos to 499 pesos per month, 499 pesos per month, depending on gigabytes; Last year, the company had promised not to increase its prices.
- AT&T: 260 pesos to 1,299 pesos per month, depending on gigabyte; However, in April last year, it announced an update to its costs.
- Telefónica Movistar: 235 pesos to 579 pesos per month, depending on gigabytes; The mobile operator reduced the prices of its plans by up to 20 pesos.