Chencho Corleone and Vico C join forces at Billboard Latin Music Week 2023 for the “Legends on Legends” panel on Tuesday, October 3, when the two urban music icons talk about the past, present and future of the movement.
Directed by Leila Cobo, director of Latin/Spanish content, Billboardhere are the 10 best statements from Corleone and Vico during the panel.
1. CHENCHO CORLEONE: “Everyone who is a creator is always working even if they are not releasing music.”
2. VICO C: “Being successful is not limited to numbers or good opinion. For me, I will comply if the result (of a song) is good in all respects.”
3. VICO C: “I took the right hand with a pencil, because God placed me for it.”
4. CHENCHO CORLEONE: “One of the most important elements (of a song) is that it’s chewy and sticks in people’s minds.”
5. CHENCHO CORLEONE: “When you go to the studio, you have to give your best. Until you are 100% convinced, that doesn’t go on the road.
6. VICO C: “This is not my first return“I have had many complicated phases in life, between personal and business.”
7. VICO C: “It is important to have a good lawyer and ask God to be right. In the long run, the best, the best, the best, is to learn the business.
8. VICO C: “Music is a language that you can understand, it has such a way of making it compatible with a real event.”
9. VICO C: “We cannot confuse one thing with another: talent is talent and music is music.”
10. CHENCHO CORLEONE: “Today’s music doesn’t need a passport.”
Celebrated for more than 30 years, Latin Music Week includes this edition a question and answer session with the superstar with Shakira; Legends on Legends talks to Chencho Corleone and Vico C; Making the Hit Live! with Carin León and Pedro Capó; a panel with Christian Chávez of RBD, Christopher von Uckermann and Maite Perroni; the Superstar Songwriter conversation with Edgar Barrera and Keityn, among many other panels, Q&As and workshops. Check out the definitive guide to Latin Music Week HERE.
Latin Music Week 2023, scheduled for October 2-6, also includes En Vivo performances by Peso Pluma, Mike Bahía and Greeicy, DannyLux and Fonseca, to name a few. Check the dates and times of performances throughout the week HERE.
Official partners of Billboard Latin Music Week 2023 include AT&T, Cheetos, CN Bank, Delta Air Lines, Lexus, Netflix, Michelob ULTRA and Smirnoff.
Latin Music Week coincides with the 2023 Billboard Latin Music Awards ceremony, which will air live from the Watsco Center in Coral Gables, Florida, on Thursday (October 5) on Telemundo. It will also be broadcast simultaneously on Universo, Peacock, the Telemundo application, and throughout Latin America and the Caribbean on Telemundo Internacional.