“The functioning of the brain is based on a delicate balance between excitatory neurons, which carry information, and inhibitory, which prevent uncontrolled activity”said study author David Field of the University of Reading’s School of Psychology and Clinical Sciences in the United Kingdom.
and I add: “Vitamin B6 helps the body produce a specific chemical messenger that inhibits impulses in the brain, and our study links this calming effect to reduced anxiety among participants.”
The recommended daily amount is:
- Men 14 to 50 years: 1.3 milligrams (mg)
- Over 51: 1.7mg
- Females 14 to 18 years old: 1.2 mg
- Women ages 19 to 50: 1.3 milligrams
- Women age 51 and older: 1.5 mg
- During pregnancy and lactation: 2 mg.
in fact, some foods with vitamin b6 Son:
- beef liver
- fortified cereals
- garbanzo beans
- Some vegetables and fruits, especially those with dark green leaves, bananas, papayas, oranges, and cantaloupe.
Importance of B12, Especially for Vegetarians
Vitamin B12 helps break down a protein called homocysteine That, when levels are too high, is linked to an increased risk of heart disease and stroke because they can contribute to the formation of blood clots, along with other harmful effects.
According to Harvard Health, the recommended daily intake for men and women over age 14 is 2.4 micrograms (mcg) per day and increases to 2.8 mcg per day during pregnancy and lactation.
This nutrient is important to supplement in people who follow a vegetarian diet that does not include meat, as deficiency and health conditions can result. potentially serious,
Foods rich in B12 include:
- red meat
- Dairy products such as milk, cheese, and yogurt
- fortified nutritional yeast
- fortified breakfast cereals (in some cases)
- Enriched rice or soy milk.
More content at Urgente24:
Volkswagen and the car with which it hopes to gain leadership
AFIP: what to do if you have “black” dollars abroad
Santiago Cafiero has his doll: “It’s very ugly”
Justice for Lucio Dupuy: the ‘psychopath’ gesture of one of the killers
Customs rush: A Ferrari and 211 luxury seized