Thursday, September 28, 2023

The boy had his arms and legs amputated due to bacteria in his body

Florida.- A minor, just 14 years old, lost his legs and arms due to bacteria while vacationing with his family in Orlando, Florida.

According to Catalina, her mother and the entire family, including her son Matías Uribe, had the opportunity to visit various attractions such as parks, lakes and the beach during their vacation in Florida.

Later, when they arrived home, the minor developed redness and rashes all over his body, in addition to a very high fever.

Realizing the severity of the symptoms, the family decided to take him to an emergency hospital so that he could be treated immediately by doctors.

When the minor arrived at the hospital, he suffered a cardiac arrest, as a result of which his legs and arms began to fail due to the change in his heart, as they did not receive enough blood for a long time.

Seeing the seriousness of Matías’ situation, the doctors decided to immediately transfer him by helicopter to a higher hospital that could provide better care.

After he received necessary medical care and stabilized, doctors told his mother that her son was suffering from toxic shock syndrome.

This syndrome is caused by a group A streptococcal bacterium, a so-called microorganism.

Likewise, the doctors explained that the above happened because the bacteria managed to enter the bloodstream and cause the damage. So the hypothesis is that these bacteria could have been acquired on the beach or lake in Orlando, Florida.

With this in mind, doctors found that the bacteria had a major impact on his legs and arms and therefore decided to amputate his four limbs.

Nation World News Desk
Nation World News Desk
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news