Turmeric has many properties and benefits for general health. Contains fiber, protein, niacin, vitamins C, E and K, sodium, potassium, calcium, copper, iron and magnesium.
Specifically, it helps lower cholesterol, controls diabetes and improves symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease, as it has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, according to Health Portal. your health.
According to Spain’s Grupo Sanitas, the curcuminoids in turmeric are They give it great anti-inflammatory properties and are recommended for disorders in which there is inflammation, For the immune system, menstrual disorders, Crohn’s disease, bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome, colitis, arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, obesity, among others.
Curcumin “reduces the production of inflammatory mediators and free radicals, thereby having antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that have beneficial effects in the treatment of diseases such as high cholesterol, osteoarthritis, dermatitis, gastric ulcers or diabetes”, according to Portal. According to Beatriz Robles, food technologist and dietician-nutritionist for Plus Care.
A study conducted by Columbia University also emphasizes its benefits in patients with obesity due to diabetes.
Curcumin, the main active component of turmeric, has been studied for its blood sugar-lowering properties. In fact, studies show that Curcumin may promote healthy blood sugar levels by improving insulin sensitivity and increasing the amount of glucose in tissues.
According to the journal Health, a 2020 review of human and animal studies found that taking curcumin resulted in significant reductions in blood sugar and lipid levels. Healthline.
How to prepare turmeric milk?
You can use cow’s milk, skimmed, whole or semi-skimmed, or if you prefer Vegetable milk such as rice, almond or soy milk.
- Put half a liter of milk to boil and while you wait prepare the turmeric paste.
- Turmeric paste is made by mixing 2 tbsp turmeric (ground or grated), ½ tbsp ginger, a pinch of black pepper and cinnamon to taste.
- Then, sweeten to your liking, honey or syrup are the products that go best with this drink. (Put the preparation into boiling milk).
- Let stand for twenty minutes and it is ready to drink.
Golden milk also allows it to be flavored with grated orange, lemon, grapefruit or tangerine peel, it can also be kept in the fridge for a bit.
- The ingredients of this drink are: one teaspoon turmeric powder, one cup water, half teaspoon honey and one tea bag.
- Put the water in a pot on the fire, when it comes to a boil, put a packet of green tea in it to make an infusion.
- Remove from heat and add a teaspoon of turmeric and sweeten the dessert with a little honey. If the person already has diabetes, the ideal is to add a little sweetener in place of the honey, or not sweeten the drink at all. Green tea can be replaced with chamomile or lemon tea.
turmeric in water
- This drink requires one teaspoon of turmeric and one glass of water.
- To make it, heat water in a vessel and when it becomes lukewarm, take it off the flame and add a tablespoon of turmeric to it. Mix well till the powder dissolves.
- This remedy is very easy to prepare and it is recommended to consume it daily five minutes before each meal.
Recommendation: These natural remedies can help in preventing and controlling the disease caused by high sugar level, but the ideal is to consult an expert to follow the prescribed treatment whenever the person has this condition.