Thursday, July 7, 2022

The Jan. 6 revolt commission summoned six people to court for helping Trump plan rallies

WASHINGTON (AP) – The House Committee is summoning six people who are investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol Uprising to organize rallies to overthrow Donald Trump’s defeat in the 2020 presidential election. is said to have been involved in the planning.

Committee Chairwoman, Representative Benny Thompson, D-Miss, said some worked to stage the events and “some appear to have had direct contact with then-President Trump while planning rallies.”

Invitations were given to Robert “Bobby” Little Pide and Max Miller, who, according to the committee, met with Trump on Jan. 4 in his private dining room; Brian Jack, Trump’s political director at the time; and rally organizers Bryan Lewis, Ed Martin and Kimberly Fletcher.

The summons came as rallies before and during the Jan. 6 riots became the main focus of the committee’s investigation. Council lawmakers said they would like to know who funded the event and whether the organizers were in close contact with members of the White House and Congress as they planned the event.

At the largest rally in the Ellipse near the White House on Jan. 6, Trump swarmed the crowd, telling them to “fight like hell.” He said he would walk with them to the Capitol, but eventually returned to the White House.

Read Also:  Senate sends Biden bill averting federal shutdown

Hundreds of his supporters, who went to the Capitol, violently pushed police, smashed windows and doors, and suspended Democrat Joe Biden’s testimony of victory in the White House.

READ MORE: The oath-takers, the Proud Boys, were summoned by the home panel on Jan. 6

Miller, a former aide to Trump who is running for Congress in Ohio, said on Twitter on Thursday that he had received a notice to call himself and would accept it, but that he would also “protect my rights.”

“Once in office, I am convinced that one of the first votes will be to disband this guerrilla committee armed against innocent Americans,” Miller wrote on Twitter.

The committee summoned more than a dozen other rally organizers, including several who met the board’s documentation requirements and sat down to deposit. But the panel will link more of the witnesses called on Friday to Trump and the White House.

In letters of invitation to Thompson Miller and Pide, documents obtained by the committee show that the two men had lunch on Jan. 4 with Katrina Pierson, a former Trump and Trump campaign staffer who had already been summoned by the commission. the president’s private dining room.

Read Also:  Sudanese rally against new coup amid tight security | Nation World News

“The discussion focused on who the president wanted to speak at the rally,” Thompson wrote.

In a letter to Jack, now a Republican political aide to Republican leader Kevin McCarthy, Thompson wrote that on behalf of Jack Trump, he had asked several members of Congress to speak at the rally. One of those members, Mo Brooks of Alabama, accepted and spoke.

The committee has so far issued about 50 summonses and has again issued an unknown number of summonses in person. Most of these witnesses have so far been subordinate and the jury has interviewed nearly 300 people who were somehow involved in the violent siege.

However, several of Trump’s closest allies refused to comply or said they would defend their Fifth Amendment rights against them. The committee will vote Monday to recommend hate accusations against former White House Chief of Staff Mark Medous, as he canceled his initial attempts to comply with his demands and said he would oppose his summons.

Associated Press writers Farnush Amiri, Lisa Mascaro and Jill Colvin contributed to this report.

Nation World News Desk
Nation World News Deskhttps://nationworldnews.com
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news
- Advertisement -