The Secretary of Health, Silvia Guillermina Roldán Fernández, highlighted the efforts of the health sector, carried out in the entity, to prevent and detect cervical cancer, which now occupies the fourth place of the cause of death in the country.
Premise, with the commemoration of the fight against cancer leading to the world in Boquerón ranchería, second section, municipality of Centro, where the county was mayor, Yolanda Osuna Huerta, who was one of the witnesses, the beginning of the day, which benefited more than 100 women, with HPV tests, smear papules, mammography , detection of hypertension, diabetes and pain of great magnitude.
A state official declared that years ago they were running the Cervical Cancer Detection program in the Ministry of Health, which was then the first cause of death.
“We began to see how Pap smears act, the exit of women closer to such an intimate test, not easy, the awareness raised about the matter, the job of many years, which took; he said that he could take care of himself with the participation of all.
In this sense, he urged women to be aware of their concern and take advantage of the opportunities that the health sector offers for free, because he said that nipple lubrication is a noble experience and a process for which he has invested a lot. money
“Because not only do you have to convince you to get to your health center, but this test is well taken, which is transferred in time, which reaches the Public Health Laboratory, where we have cytotechnologists who were ready to read the Papanicolaou and offered quality in the reading,” he explained.
During the event, Roldán Fernández explained that unlike breast cancer, which cannot be prevented, but only detected at the time, the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) can be a possibility to prevent cervical cancer and therefore, it is important to complete it. .
In his message, before Dr. Rosa María Sánchez Rodríguez, family medicine specialist with a subspecialty in Family Therapy from the Ministry of Health and Dr. Beatriz Pedrero Villafuerte, coordinator of the municipal Safety, the official showed that the women broke. Paradigms such as Pap smears and weighing can be done by men, putting aside prejudices, to detect prostate cancer.
The Ministry of Health, together with the head of the jurisdiction of the Sanitary Center, Carlos Mario de la Cruz Alcudia, urged parents to be aware and review the records of their daughters from 9 to 12 years of age and the value of vaccinating them against HPV; because you only have to prevent cervical cancer and the coverage is really low.
“We have ways to prevent cervical cancer with the vaccine, we must be more aware, the vaccine is very expensive, we should all be vaccinated, but it is not possible and so in this age group it is the most possible to prevent cervical cancer. Surely you have all been close to someone with cancer, he affirmed the outcome of each life, that of the patient, of the family.
The Mayor of the Center, Yolanda Osuna Huerta, was pleased to join this commemoration of the World Day for the Prevention of Cervical Cancer and part of the awareness of one of the most serious public health problems that affects women.
“Basic prevention, in this case, detecting these diseases in time, without a doubt is fundamental to the development of all, strengthening human resources, which is what we want to work, and we are doing, with societies. prevention “confirmed the president.
In his capacity, Dr. Beatriz Pedrero Villafuerte recognized the incidence of cervical cancer in the whole world, because of which he highlighted the various reasons that are increasing the possibilities of developing, one and one with the highest risk, is the main one. at an early age the onset of sexual relations and followed by the number of sexual partners that a woman had in her sexual life.
It means that HPV, especially type 16 and type 18, have a high cancer risk burden, because the vast majority of invasive cervical lesions, around 70%, and the rest, the remaining 30%, are reserved for 10 other types of HPV. genotypes
“Today we can talk about biopsies, immunotherapies, targeted therapies, surgeries, and most of all, the HPV vaccine for 9-year-old girls, which is more effective if applied when the woman has not started sexual life.” he said.
On his part, the doctor Rosa Maria Sánchez Rodríguez gave a lecture on “The moment of prevention in the health of a woman”, in which she deliberated, when dealing with time, to avoid the risk of disease, such as cervical cancer; We thank the authorities for their efforts to improve people’s health.