The city of Southern California recently stood out by having four streets in the top 20 most popular on Instagram, according to a list published by Wanderu.
According to the list, Rodeo Drive in Los Angeles is fourth on the list, trailing only Ocean Drive and NW 2nd Avenue (in Miami, Florida) and Bourbon Street (in New Orleans, Louisiana).
Hollywood Boulevard is number 7, while Melrose Avenue is number 10 and Abbot Kinney Boulevard is number 12.
Other California locations appear on the list: Lombard Street in San Francisco is No. 9, Alamo Square (also in San Francisco) can be found at No. 13, Santana Row in San Jose is No. 17, and Front Street, in Sacramento, closed the list at number 20.
But how did Wanderu get to its official rank?
The travel search platform searches for three hashtags for each popular road, taking into account the differences in hashtags. For example, #thestrip, #thevegasstrip, and #lasvegasstrip together represent general posts from The Strip.
Here is the complete ranking of the streets using the main hashtags:
- Ocean Drive (Miami, Florida): #oceandrive
- NW 2nd Avenue (Miami, FL): #wynwoodwalls
- Bourbon Street (Nueva Orleans, LA): #bourbonstreet
- Rodeo Drive (Los Angeles, CA): #rodeodrive
- The Strip (Las Vegas, NV): #thestrip
- Fifth Avenue (New York, NY): #fifthavenue
- Hollywood Boulevard (Los Angeles, CA): #hollywoodblvd
- Avenida Michigan (Chicago, Illinois): #michiganave
- Lombard Street (San Francisco, CA): #lombardstreet
- Melrose Avenue (Los Angeles, CA): #melroseavenue
- Calle 6 (Austin, TX): #6thstreet
- Abbot Kinney Boulevard (Los Angeles, CA): #abbotkinney
- Alamo Square (Steiner Street) (San Francisco, CA): # Paintedladies
- Beale Street (Memphis, Tennessee): #bealestreet
- Newbury Street (Boston, MA): #newburystreet
- Calle Ocho (Miami, FL): #calleocho
- Santana Row (San José, CA): #santanarow
- Lake Shore Drive (Chicago, Illinois): #lakeshoredrive
- Avenida East Exchange (Fort Worth, TX): #fortworthstockyards
- Front Street (Sacramento, CA): #frontstreet