The police officer who subdued a 95-year-old woman with a Taser in Australia has been charged with involuntary manslaughter

The police officer who subdued a 95-year-old woman with a Taser in Australia has been charged with involuntary manslaughter.

Australian Police the agent who was accused this Wednesday of involuntary manslaughter A 95-year-old woman died in May when he brought a knife into a nursing home and died a few days later from injuries sustained during the incident.

New South Wales State Police where the incident took place, filed a new case today and accused police officer Kristian White, 33, of ‘involuntary manslaughter’.

Last May the agent, who had 12 years of experience and who was suspended, He has been charged with three other felonies: grievous hurt by reckless endangerment, assault with actual harm and common assault.

“This additional charge follows the death of 95-year-old Clare Nowland” the statement emphasized by showing that the officer must appear on December 6 before the court in the town of Cooma, about 430 kilometers southwest of Sydney, for the formal reading of this latest accusation.

Read Also:  Many foreigners have been killed, injured or kidnapped by Hamas in Israel

The incident happened on May 17 when the police and a colleague went to Yallambee nursing home, in Cooma, after a call because the elderly woman, called Clare Nowland and who suffered from senile dementia, was ‘armed’ with a knife.

When the woman refused to drop the knife and approached the officers ‘slowly’ on her walker the officer shot him with his taser gun in the chest and back, causing him to be hit The grandmother, who weighs about 43 kilos and is 1.57 centimeters tall, fell and hit her head.

After the event, which shocked the country, the old woman was admitted to a hospital with a fractured skull, where she died on May 23.

Read Also:  Perfumerias Avenida knows that Wurzburg passes its classification

This case once again highlights the controversial use of tasers of the Australian police, questioned by rights-guarantor organizations such as Amnesty International.

In 2012, Brazilian student Roberto Curti died in Sydney after receiving 14 electric shocks from the police. in an incident in which a national court found four officers guilty in 2014 for the excessive use of force that led to the death of Curti, who suffered a psychotic episode after drink a psychotropic substance.