The Queen had to step in after Prince Andrew lined up with Charles about the Royal Restroom

0
1
The Queen had to step in after Prince Andrew lined up with Charles about the Royal Restroom

A former maid has claimed the Queen had to step in to resolve a dispute after Prince Andrew took over a bathroom reserved for Prince Charles.

Former Buckingham Palace maid Janet McGowan claimed that The Duke of York refuses to remove his toiletries from a bathroom at Sandringham built for his older brother.

He said the dispute, which took place over Christmas in 1999, was only resolved when the Queen intervened and spoke to Andrew, who was 39 at the time.

Ms McGowan, who was a housewife from 1999 to 2000, claimed domestic workers had been alerted to an ‘ongoing situation’ after the Queen’s second son took over a bathroom reserved for Charles, then 51.

He said Sun, ‘We were told not to move or touch anything in that bathroom because there was an ‘ongoing situation’.

The Queen Had To Step In After Prince Andrew Lined Up With Charles About The Royal Restroom

Janet McGowan, a former Buckingham Palace maid, said Prince Andrew refused to remove his toiletries from a bathroom at Sandringham for Prince Charles (both pictures)

Ms McGowan, who traveled with the family to Sandringham, said members of the royal family are allotted rooms and a bathroom at the Norfolk estate, but Andrew had taken a bathroom for Charles.

She said the ‘bizarre standoff’ was only ‘disappointed’ when the Queen had ‘words’ with Andrew and asked him to use another bathroom.

Ms McGowan insisted there was ‘nothing special’ about the bathroom, adding that it was a ‘good old sibling row’.

She continued: ‘Charles had grown up about it, which is more than you can say for Andrew.’

When Ms McGowan worked at Buckingham Palace, Andrew was living permanently at her London residence, with the former maid describing her as ‘spoiled’.

Ms McGowan, who went on to work for Michael and the Earl and Countess of Wessex, Princess of Kent, said of the controversy: ‘I think it was very petulant. he is [Andrew] Very poor with respect to his rights.’

Read Also:  Jessica Chastain remembers Taylor Swift sending her a personalized breakup playlist

MailOnline has contacted Buckingham Palace for comment.

The Queen Had To Step In After Prince Andrew Lined Up With Charles About The Royal Restroom

Ms McGowan said the dispute, which took place over Christmas in 1999, was only resolved when the Queen intervened and spoke to Andrew (both pictured with Charles), who was 39 at the time.

Ms Mcgowan Said Members Of The Royal Family Have Been Allotted Rooms And A Bathroom At Sandringham (Pictured), But Andrew Had Taken A Bathroom For Charles

Ms McGowan said members of the Royal Family have been allotted rooms and a bathroom at Sandringham (pictured), but Andrew had taken a bathroom for Charles

Meanwhile, another former Buckingham Palace maid has spoken of working for Andrew, describing the Duke of York as “demanding and entitled”.

Charlotte Briggs claimed on Thursday that she was ‘left in tears’ because of Andrew’s abuse, and on one occasion faced his wrath over a small gap in her screen.

Speaking to The Sun, Ms Briggs said the prince yelled at her: ‘Can’t you do something right?’ As she ran up and down the stairs to fix the curtains, some of which she was sitting a few yards from.

The 47-year-old mother of two told the newspaper: ‘This man fought for his country in the Falklands, but could not stand to close his curtains.

“It was completely ridiculous but spoke volumes about him,” she said.

By comparison, Ms Briggs said the Duke’s brothers Charles and Edward, as well as the other royals she encountered during her time at the palace, were ‘amazing’.

She began working at Buckingham Palace in 1996 when she was 21, but within six months she was assigned to be Andrew’s maid; A job that ‘no one wanted,’ he said.

According to The Sun, he was paid £600 a month and in 1996, he was even pictured on the royal balcony before the Trooping the Colour ceremony.

Read Also:  Remember “Meredith” from “Game of Twins”? This is what it looks like and this is what it currently does

Andrew was 36 at the time and had recently been divorced from Sarah Ferguson. He often flew off the handle and hoped that everything would be done for him.

Ms Briggs of Halifax broke her silence for The Sun after Prince Andrew was stripped of his military titles amid a sexual assault lawsuit brought by Virginia Giuffre in the United States.

Meanwhile, Another Former Buckingham Palace Maid Has Spoken Out About Working For Andrew, Calling The Duke Of York (Pictured) 'Demanding And Entitled'.

Meanwhile, another former Buckingham Palace maid has spoken out about working for Andrew, calling the Duke of York (pictured) ‘demanding and entitled’.

Ms Giuffre claims she was trafficked by pedophiles Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell, convicted of having sex with Prince three times as a teenager. The Duke of York vehemently denied the allegations.

The Queen stripped Andrew of his royal title, and as such he faces calls to be evicted from the Royal Lodge in Windsor, where he currently resides with his ex-wife Ferguson.

She now has to fight rape and sexual assault claims in US courts as a private citizen.

Meanwhile, it was revealed that Andrew could lose his round-the-clock police protection as early as next month, when he was exiled as a frontline royal.

Sources said the Metropolitan Police and the Home Office are thoroughly reviewing their security.

Andrew, who is ninth in line to the throne, has so far been allowed his taxpayer-funded police bodyguards at the cost of a public purse of an estimated £2-3 million a year.

This has sparked intense public debate, especially because her nephew, Prince Harry, was stripped of her police protection after she quit her job as a working royal in 2020 and moved to the United States.

“While no one will comment publicly on this, it is an issue that is now being actively discussed by the Mets Royal and the VIP executive committee,” a source told the Daily Mail.

Read Also:  Susanna Griso says what Queen Letizia told her when they met in a suit

‘Event [as regards Harry] is awkward and may prompt a decision sooner than later. If Harry, who is no longer a working royal, doesn’t get security in Britain, why should Andrew?’

Andrew, who stays at the 30-room Royal Lodge on the Queen’s Windsor Estate, will always benefit from the round-the-clock security that comes with staying close to a royal residence.

It Comes After Prince Andrew Was Stripped Of His Military Titles Amid A Sexual Assault Trial Brought In The United States By Virginia Giuffre (Pictured)

It comes after Prince Andrew was stripped of his military titles amid a sexual assault trial brought in the United States by Virginia Giuffre (pictured)

But it is the security that is away from the property with him that will be discussed.

His children, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, were stripped of their official royal protection several years ago due to public outcry over their worldwide antics, leading officials to regularly follow them on foreign trips.

His ex-wife Sarah, Duchess of York, who still lives with him, has not officially had any taxpayer-funded protections since they divorced in 1996.

Other royals, including Princess Anne and Prince Edward, have withdrawn their protection, while royal grandchildren, including Zara Tindall and Peter Phillips, have never taken it as adults.

Neither the Metropolitan Police nor the Home Office will comment tomorrow night, nor will any reps for Andrew.

Dai Davies, the former head of royal security at Scotland Yard, said of Andrew possibly losing his bodyguards: ‘It is a huge step, although the potential risk is small, and strong arguments would be made that he does not need a “PPO”. [personal protection officer] The situation if he is no longer a working royal.’

,

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here