The liver is part of the body’s digestive system and its main function is to keep the level of chemical substances in the blood stable. It is also in charge of performing more than 500 additional functions.
These include the production of bile, Which helps to transport and break down waste and fat in the small intestine during the process of digesting food.
Another function of the liver is to produce proteins and cholesterol that help transport fats throughout the body.
In turn, this organ transfers glucose to storage glycogen and builds up energy stores when needed. Another function of the liver is to store iron for the body and remove toxins from the bloodstream.
As for diabetes, according to the Colombian Ministry of Health and Social Protection, it is a disease characterized by elevated blood sugar levels.
Similarly, the World Health Organization (WHO) revealed that there are several types of diabetes: type 2 diabetes mellitus, which is caused by the fact that the body does not efficiently use the insulin it produces, and type 1 diabetes. Diabetes mellitus is characterized by insufficient insulin production.
To cleanse and purify the liver, and to maintain diabetes control, there is a specific infusion that the portal recommends too much And this is rosemary tea, Which stimulates the production of bile, eliminates harmful fats and improves liver function.
Also, it regulates blood sugar level by increasing insulin, which leads to diabetes control. This is how this tea is prepared:
- 5 grams fresh rosemary leaves.
- 250 ml boiling water.
- at your service, It is advised to strain this drink and wait for it to cool slightly before drinking. Also, it is recommended not to sweeten this tea.
- Keep in mind that this tea can be taken three to four times a day.
More benefits of Rosemary
Portal your health List another series of benefits of consuming rosemary tea and they are the following:
- Natural antibiotic: Rosemary has nutritional properties that are used to treat conditions such as urinary tract infections; In addition, it fights against the bacteria that cause vomiting and diarrhea. It is noteworthy that consumption of this tea does not replace medications prescribed by a health professional to treat these conditions.
- It has diuretic properties: This drink is often used in diet plans to lose weight, as it prevents the body from storing or retaining fluid. “This tea increases urine production, stimulating the body to eliminate fluid and accumulated toxins, improving health.”
- Combating mental fatigue: According to the media, several studies mention that the consumption of this product improves brain function; For this reason, some health professionals recommend consuming it during times and times of stress.
- Fights inflammation: This plant is capable of providing relief from pain, inflammation and discomfort. “Therefore, it combats inflammation in the knees, tendonitis and even gastritis, which is an inflammation of the stomach.”