The search for new energy sources has been one of the most obvious trends in 2022, with a special emphasis on renewable energy. Although it looks like this will be something that will remain in place during 2023 as well.
in the context marked by a energy crisis finding unprecedented, new alternatives that allow us to care for the planet is important, and green hydrogen Looks like one of the best. If you want to know more about him, keep reading.
Green hydrogen, the energy that catches all eyes
Of all the types of energy that are being investigated recently as alternative energy sources using clean methods, there is one that stands out and that is Green Hydrogen.
but, What is this system and how does it work? Green hydrogen is a form of hydrogen produced through electrolysis of water using electrical energy produced from renewable sources such as solar or wind.
For precisely this reason, green hydrogen is considered a form of renewable energy storage. In fact, unlike conventional hydrogen, it does not emit any kind of greenhouse gas into the atmosphere.
This energy can be used as fuel in internal combustion engines or fuel cells, but also in industrial and transportation processes. Currently being one of the most interesting options to contribute Decarbonization of the planet.
How do we benefit from using green hydrogen?
Like other types of renewable energy, green hydrogen has some benefits that we should be aware of. We explain them to you:
- It is a renewable and sustainable fuel. Green hydrogen is produced through clean and sustainable processes using electrical energy produced from renewable sources such as solar or wind.
- Contributes to the decarbonization of the planet. As we mentioned above, it can replace fuel in internal combustion engines or fuel cells, and does not generate CO2 emissions during its use.
- It allows us to store energy. It can be easily stored and transported, making it an efficient way to store energy produced by renewable sources such as solar and wind.
- It has a variety of applications. It can be used in a wide variety of applications, such as power generation, transportation, industry, and heating and cooling buildings.
- Contributes to energy security. By reducing dependence on imported fossil fuels, green hydrogen can contribute to increasing the energy security of a country or region.
Spain, the leading country in the use of green hydrogen
Despite being relatively new, green hydrogen It has been very well received in many countries, but especially in Spain.
In fact, this week the Council of Ministers has approved a royal decree to give 74 million euros to four renewable hydrogen projectsKeeping Spain as one of the most developed countries in the field of renewable energy.
And it is that, during the last months, this country has doubled the number of its solar panel installations and wind farm constructions. putting himself at the head of many Energy Transition Initiative.
Now, thanks to this assistance, companies such as H2B2, Sener, Nordex and Iveco will raise a total of 245 million euros for this. Green Hydrogen Study Among the projects to be held in Asturias, Navarra, the Basque Country, Seville, Valladolid, Madrid and Barcelona.
As you can see, green hydrogen is the energy of the future and that is why it is important that we start getting to know it a little better.