MIAMI.- This September 29 is celebrated on deer the National Day of Cafe the reigning favorite drink of Americans, according to the study of associations National Coffee Company (NCA).
This date has been celebrated since 2005, with the aim of lifting and developing the culture created around this drink. It also seeks to recognize the efforts of coffee growers, who toil until they reach homes.
Coffee, an elixir of life for a large part of the world’s population, arrived in the United States in the 17th century. The first mention of this drink dates back to 1668, according to historians, when the British or the Dutch brought grain to New Amsterdam, now New York.
Although at that time tea was more popular, due to British influence, after the tea riot in Boston Harbor on December 16, 1773, known as the Boston Tea Party, many Americans chose to drink coffee and this drink started in the American country.
Even during the American War of Independence between 1775 and 1783, drinking tea was considered unheroic due to its direct association with colonial powers.
Coffee, an elixir of life for a large part of the world’s population, arrived in the United States in the 17th century.
Coffee, the favorite drink in the United States
Currently 63% of Americans drink coffee every day, according to an NCA survey. This would represent a total of 491 million cups consumed per day.
The drink, which is accessible almost throughout the American territory, in addition to providing some health benefits, fulfills an important social purpose. Today, coffee shops have become favorite places to work and serve as meeting places for couples, friends and families.
Miami, according to a study by the website WalletHub, is one of the 15 best coffee cities in the country. Miamians have proven that they enjoy a good Americano, mocca, cappuccino or macchiato.
To celebrate this day, many national coffee shops are offering their customers discounts and promotions so you can enjoy a good cup of coffee, in any of its presentations.
Where to enjoy a cup of coffee?
These are the national chains that joined the National Coffee Day celebration:
- Starbucks: The company will offer free coffee tastings at some of its locations.
- Dunkin: All members can purchase a free medium hot or iced coffee when purchasing online or by showing their app in store.
- Krispy Kreme: You can try donut shop coffee without the commitment. Customers can receive a free medium hot or iced coffee, though they can buy boxes of glazed donuts for just $2.
- Bigby Coffee: This coffee shop offers its customers a free 20-ounce cup of coffee to enjoy today.
- Circle K: The company will offer a free cup of coffee in any size at some of its locations through Monday, October 2.
- Dutch Bros: Those who buy a $20 “Drink More Coffee” cap this Friday will get the drink of their choice for free.
- McDonald’s: Will give customers a cup of hot, cold or iced coffee for just 99 cents per purchase online in some of its stores until December 31.
- Paris Baugette: Any of its members can get a medium hot or iced coffee for the purchase they make between September 29 and October 1.
- Café Philz: Any purchase in store or online is one dollar off all of their Mocha Tesora drinks, regardless of size.
- Tous Les Jours: From September 29 to October 1, customers can get a cup of brewed coffee for one dollar, at selected locations between 2:00 pm and 5:00 pm