People’s interest in CNG cars has increased due to increase in petrol and diesel prices. In FY 2021, the demand for CNG vehicles has increased significantly. People buy CNG cars because of cheaper fuel and better mileage. During this period, Maruti Suzuki was among the top 5 best-selling CNG cars in the country, followed by the famous Hyundai Aura. So let’s find out about those cars –
5) – Hyundai Aura: Hyundai’s sub-four-meter compact sedan is the fifth best-selling CNG car in the last financial year. The company has brought fitted CNG in only S variant of this car which comes in five variants in total. This car is available in the market with two petrol and one diesel engine. In fiscal year 2021, the company sold a total of 10,656 units of this car, up from just 933 units in the previous fiscal year.
This car has an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, which can be connected to Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Features include wireless charging, auto AC, height-adjustable driver’s seat and cruise control. In terms of safety, this car has dual front airbags, ISOFIX child seat angles and rear parking sensors.
Price: Rs 7.56 lakh
Mileage: 28 km / kg
4) – Maruti Celario: Maruti Suzuki’s flashship hatchback Cellario has become the fourth best selling CNG car in the country. The company sold a total of 18,302 units of the car, up from just 15,556 units in the previous fiscal year. Although this car is available in 3 variants in total, its VXI variant only comes with CNG option. The company has given this car a 1.0-liter 3-cylinder petrol engine. In this car you will get 235 liters of boot space and 165 mm ground clearance. In terms of the features of this car
Price: Rs 5.84 lakh to Rs 5.90 lakh
Mileage: 30.47 km / kg
3) – Maruti Eco: Maruti Suzuki’s famous Van Echo 5 seater and 7 seater comes with two different seating arrangements. However, only 5 seats are available in the CNG variant. It is powered by a 1.2-liter natural ambitious petrol engine that generates 63PS of power and 85Nm of torque. Features include an anti-lock braking system (ABS), electronic brake force distribution (EBD), front seat belt reminder, speed warning and rear parking sensor.
Price: Rs 5.29 lakh
Mileage: 20.88 km / kg
2) – Maruti Artiga: Maruti’s famous MPV car is the best selling CNG car in the country. The company sold a total of 31,776 units, up from just 12,172 units in FY20. Coming in a total of four variants, this car VXI variant comes with a CNG kit. The company has used a 1.5-liter petrol engine in the car that generates 92PS of power and 122Nm of torque. It features a 7-inch infotainment system, anti-lock braking system (ABS), electronic brakeforce delivery (EBD), push button start stop, cup holder, auto climate control and reverse parking sensor.
Mileage: 26.08 km / kg
1) – Maruti Wagon R: WagonR, also known as Maruti Suzuki’s Toll Boy, is the best-selling CNG car in the country. The company has sold a total of 0,222 units of the car, an increase of 5%% over the previous fiscal year 2020. Coming in a total of three variants, the LXI variant of this car comes with a CNG kit. This car comes with two petrol engines, in one variant the company has given 1.0 liter petrol and 1.2 liter capacity engine in the other variant. As per the features, the company has got features like inch inch touchscreen infotainment system, power window, steering mount control, anti lock braking system (ABS), electronic brake force distribution (EBD) in this car.
Price: Rs 5.60 lakh to Rs 5.67 lakh
Mileage: 32.52 km / kg
Note: Here only the CNG variant is priced, which is according to the ex-showroom Delhi. In addition, the mileage of the car depends on the driving style and road conditions, so it is possible to change it.