A week ago we reported that a group of Japanese fans had started an autograph collection campaign. Requests that MAPPA Studio restart the Chainsaw Man anime adaptation project, but with a different director, As per the arguments made in the petition, these fans believe that the director “Couldn’t understand Tatsuki Fujimoto’s work“, and that your address is completely falsified to show a product that does not represent the original work.
Nearly 2,000 people have signed the petition as of the date of writing, but Now a “counter-petition” has appeared, Another group of fans, with the aim of showing that there are people who agree with the director’s vision Ryu Nakayama But chainsaw man they launched second request to stop the first, That’s right, it’s a request to MAPPA not to reshoot the adaptation of Chainsaw Man. Quite strange, isn’t it?
This new request is not as reasoned as before, and Many of the points mentioned are quite vague in the sense that they do not represent a counter-argument to mention the realignment petition., For example, in this new petition it is mentioned that “The series is going to be very popular, ergo, it’s well done“, but this is not denied in the first petition. In fact, many of the points are the product of a good marketing campaign, but No coherent rebuttal has been made to the first plea.
Let us review the points proposed by the group of fans supporting the director Ryu Nakayama,
- Extreme fans have signed a petition to restart the animation project. However, despite the great number of people who enjoy animation, they impose their own interpretations and call for its revival. Some people feel uncomfortable when they receive an email asking for their signature. We want to stop this practice that is screwing up Chainsaw Man fans.
- While those calling for re-animation argue that the anime is a failure because it is unpopular on the forums (a fairly small community), the truth is that it is successful for the following reasons:
- Maximum number of viewers on distribution sites.
- The products are selling very well.
- He has collaborated with many companies.
- The writer, Tatsuki Fujimoto-sensei, is satisfied with the adaptation.
- Most fans are also satisfied with the quality of the animation.
- The sales of the manga increased due to the anime.
- Dominate Google search rankings.
- Many opinions have emerged such as: “Are you really complaining about such a good anime?”, “It’s the hardened Chainsaw Man fans who are suffering”, and “Just as anime otakus expect”. We will distribute the collected signatures to the person in charge of the first petition with the intention that they back out of their own signature collecting project. Even if you haven’t read the original manga, but you like the anime, sign it.
Summary of Chainsaw Man
The story takes place in a world where demons threaten the peace of humans, making them the target of elimination. Denji is a depressed young man who has sold many of his organs and works as a lumberjack and demon hunter to pay off his late father’s debts. Denji has a dog named Pochita (who is also a demon) chained to him and does his job.
This has been explained because humans can make contracts with demons. After returning home from a job, Denji is called by a yakuza to infiltrate a building and kill another demon. However, the plan was a trap to assassinate him as part of the yakuza contract with the demon, allowing him more power. But Pochita comes to Denji’s aid and bonds with him, becoming a half-man, half-demon and obtaining Pochita’s chains.