selection of The United States changes its participation in Qatar 2022where they were knocked out by the Netherlands in the round of 16, to begin their World Cup preparations in 2026.
After the departure of Greg Berhalter due to a scandalwill be helpful Anthony Hudson Who will lead the ‘Stars and Stripes’ camp from 21 to 28 January.
The North American team will host two friendly matches: on January 25 against Serbia at the Bank of California in Los Angeles; and before Saturday 28 January Colombia at Carson Dignity Health Sports Park.
As this is not a FIFA date, the United States must complete its team with local players, failing which, with the authorization of each club.
Given this, the presence of three ‘Mexicans’ in the call is surprising: Jonathan Gomez, Brandon Vazquez and Alejandro Zendejas, that even if he has minutes in these friendly matches, he will still have the door open for him to defend Mexico in the future as they are not Category A matches.
Real Sociedad B’s side is already Attended a call to the Mexican National TeamWhen he was included in the friendly match against Guatemala last year.
Jonathan Gomez Already started with a full selection of America In this Friendly against Bosnia and Herzegovinain December 2021, but it was not Category A.
The striker, who has been eyed by Chivas, said last week that only America has found him, not Mexico.
Born in San Diego, California, but of Mexican nationality, he has made it clear that he will defend the country that calls him first, which is why he will now attend the United States camp next week.
“If he decides to play, hopefully it won’t be with the United States, but he hasn’t decided yet”, it was clear. santiago banos about his call at la ultima palabra tomorrow,
Alejandro Zendejas was already part of the lower ranks of the United States, even playing a leading role alongside Christian Pulisic; However, being left out of Mexico’s squad for Qatar 2022 was significant for him turning to the ‘Stars and Stripes’.
United States call-up against Serbia and Colombia
- Roman Celentano (FC Cincinnati; 0/0)
- Sean Johnson (free agent; 0/10)
- Gaga Slonina (Chelsea / England; 0/0)
- Jonathan Gomez (Real Sociedad/ESP; 1/0)
- Julian Greusel (Vancouver Whitecaps/CAN; 0/0)
- DaJuan Jones (New England Revolution; 0/0)
- Aaron Long (LAFC; 29/3)
- Jalen Neal (LA Galaxy; 0/0)
- Sam Rogers (Rosenberg/NOR; 0/0)
- John Tolkien (New York Red Bulls; 0/0)
- Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC; 37/3)
- Paxten Aaronson (Eintracht Frankfurt/GER; 0/0)
- Kelly Acosta (LAFC; 55/2)
- Aidan Morris (Columbus Crew; 0/0)
- Paxton Pomichael (FC Dallas; 1/0)
- Alan Sonora (without squad; 0/0)
- Eric Williamson (Portland Timbers; 4/0)
- Paul Arriola (10/48)
- Cade Cowell (1/0)
- Jesus Ferreira (7/16)
- Matthew Hoppy (Middlesbrough/England; 6/1)
- Emmanuel Sabbi (Odens) /Den; 0/0)
- Brandon Vazquez (FC Cincinnati; 0/0)
- Alejandro Zendejas (Club America/MEX; 0/0)