Estimated Mega Millions Jackpot for this 2022 final draw on Friday, December 30 is $640 million ($328.3 million cash); Biggest offer ever in the last week of any year.
The purse continues to grow after all six numbers drawn on Tuesday night had no ticket matches: White Balls 9, 13, 36, 59 and 61, plus Gold Mega Ball 11.
The Mega Millions jackpot has exceeded $600 million only five times in its more than 20-year history.
five biggest awards he has given
- The $656 million prize on March 30, 2012 set a record for the largest lottery jackpot ever won at the time. Shared by winners in Illinois, Kansas, and Maryland, the record stood for nearly four years.
- On December 17, 2013, the $648 million jackpot was shared by winners in California and Georgia.
- Nearly five years later, the game passed the $1 billion mark for the first time, with a winner in South Carolina taking home a $1.537 million prize on October 23, 2018. This record remains the Mega Millions Jackpot. , although two more awards have been won.
- $1.05 Billion, won on January 22, 2021 in Michigan.
- $1.337 million was won in Illinois on July 29 alone.
In the 21 draws held since the jackpot was last won on 14 October, there have been over 17 million winning tickets across all prize levels.
These include 40 worth $1 million or more won in 18 different states from coast to coast: Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.
Find out which states have won the most jackpots and other fun facts about this popular lottery.
In the 27 December draw, there were 1,945,697 winning tickets across all prize tiers, including five that matched all five white balls to win the game’s second tier prize. Two of them were sold in California, one each in Florida, Georgia and Mississippi.
Across the country, 44 tickets were matched with the four white balls and the Mega Ball to win the third-tier prize. Each of those three tickets is worth $20,000, as they include the optional Megamultiplier (available in most states with an additional $1 buy-in), which goes 2X on Tuesday night. Each of the other 41 third-tier winning tickets is valued at $10,000.
Throughout 2022, Mega Millions jackpots of all sizes have been won. There was an astonishing $1.337 million win in Illinois on July 29, a $502 million prize shared with winning tickets in California and Florida on October 14, and even a $20 million win in Tennessee on April 15.
Other jackpot wins this year came in California ($426 million on January 28), New York ($128 million on March 8) and Minnesota, which hit its first Mega Millions jackpot on April 12 with $110 million.