The Ministry of Finance of the State of Mexico reminds that the replacement program is implemented from January 1 to December 31, so there is still time to implement this procedure.
Who is obliged to replace Edomex?
a) Private service vehicles bearing license plates issued in 2018.
b) Vehicles with license plates from 2017 and earlier, which have not been renewed in 2022 or previous years.
Home plate delivery
The Mexican government offers the option that you can receive the plates at your home, if you choose to complete the process online.
If you make the appointment online, you must wait for the response to your email and collect your plates by scheduling an appointment through the “Taxpayer Service Portal”.
You can also request an appointment in person.
If you made the appointment online, but decided to go in person for the plates, you must come with the following documents:
– Confirmed quote printed or digital.
– Current official identification (INE, license, passport, professional ID with photo, etc.).
– Signed processing request.
– Previous plates or legal document proving its lack.
Requirements to carry out the replacement
1. Current official identification (INE, license, passport, professional ID with photo, etc.).
2. CURP (if the official identification contains it, it is not necessary).
3. Invoice of origin and legal document proving ownership (purchase-sale contract, endorsement, liability, used vehicle invoice, etc.).
4. Proof of current address (issued not older than three months) in the State of Mexico (INE, electricity, water, telephone, property receipts, etc.).
5. Previous license plates or legal documents proving their absence (proof of absence issued by the Office of the Attorney General of the State of Mexico or any other Entity).