Correct use of turn signals is one of the aspects that not all drivers pay attention to.
This issue is closely related to road safety, because knowing how to use turn signals correctly, you can avoid traffic accidents.
DGT is aware of this and has therefore published a campaign to raise awareness about the use of this vehicle component.
“The use of turn signals is not only a road safety rule, it is also a rule of coexistence. It is the best way to communicate with other drivers and, moreover, it prevents accidents. But, despite our insistence, still not used enough“, regrets the DGT.
In addition, there is another message that drivers should be aware of: Not using or misusing the indicators can lead to a fine of 200 Euros, Since this is considered a serious violation.
The problem is that some drivers don’t know when and how to use them, so they may fall into this rut without knowing it.
detailed below When and how to use turn signals To avoid DGT fine and drive safely.
How to use turn signal to avoid 200 Euro fine from DGT
The first thing that DGT does in its campaign is to remember when you should use the indicators.
These are the times when you should use your car’s turn signals and how you should do it:
- On bends and U-turns: You have to do this even if you don’t think a vehicle is coming from the opposite direction, indicating well in advance.
- While overtaking and changing lanes: You must first signal the left or right side of the maneuver, depending on whether it is overtaking or a lane change, you must keep the indicator on until you complete the maneuver.
- exiting the roundabout, This is necessary so that other drivers know that you are changing lanes or leaving the roundabout.
- Other than this: You must signpost when joining and leaving, reducing or increasing the speed depending on whether you are leaving or entering.
- When stopping and parking: This is especially important when you are going to put the vehicle in reverse to park it; Beware of this: If the car’s nose is pointing left but the maneuver is to the right, you must signal a right turn.
- Whenever you consider it necessary to warn about your movements: Common sense and driving conditions should make you use your blinkers at certain times.
In the event that you don’t use them or you show the wrong signal, the traffic fine can be 200 Euros, although it will remain 100 Euros for prompt payment.
These are the cars that cannot enter Madrid in 2023: check if your DGT label allows you to drive on the M-30
And beware of another aspect that not everyone respects: Leaving the turn signal after completing the maneuver is also a ground for penalty. You must remove it as soon as you have finished the movement it is indicating or you can receive a fine of 80 Euros.