Tuesday, September 26, 2023

This woman had all four limbs amputated after eating raw fish

Laura Barajas, a 40-year-old woman from the US, almost died after eating raw fish. According to doctors, she was infected with a deadly bacteria, which led to her having all four limbs amputated.

It was learned that the woman went to a local market to buy fish and eat with her family. She prepared the food traditionally herself.

After eating the fish, her health deteriorated so much that she had to be hospitalized. According to the Mirror, doctors treating her caused her to go into a coma because she had contracted sepsis.

At that moment she began a fight for her life as she was placed on an artificial ventilator. Days later, his fingers and toes began to turn black. The sepsis was so severe that the kidneys were completely damaged.

The doctors had only one option to save his life: amputating his arms and legs. Doctors believe the infection was caused by Vibrio vulnificus, an aggressive bacteria.

Ana, a friend of Laura, has set up a fundraising fund as the medical bill totals $36,000, more than 140 million Colombian pesos. “Be grateful for what we have now because they can take it away from us very quickly and easily,” the woman said.

According to experts, between 150 and 200 of these cases are recorded in the United States every year. In addition, one in five infected people dies. Authorities are asking people to be careful to avoid becoming infected with this type of bacteria.

They call for measures such as not going to the swimming pool if you are injured or to exercise great caution when consuming food, either by preparing it hygienically and correctly or only consuming it in trusted restaurants.

Nation World News Desk
Nation World News Deskhttps://nationworldnews.com/
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news