Apple Maps is Cupertino’s go-to application for getting around, and a natural alternative to Google Maps. However, all Apple users know that despite making a leap in recent years, it is not up to the main references in the field. So, in this post we are going to mention three alternatives to Apple Maps, which are little known and work really well.
Here is my
It is a mapping and navigation application developed by Here Technologies, formerly known as Nokia Maps and later as Here Maps. Following are some of its features:
- Real-time Navigation: HERE WeGo provides real-time navigation for driving, transit, walking and biking. The app provides turn-by-turn directions and real-time updates on traffic and route conditions to help users reach their destinations efficiently and predict arrival times. In addition, the app provides information on sudden changes in traffic, including accidents.
- OFFLINE MAPS: The application allows you to download maps of cities and entire countries for use without an internet connection. This is especially useful for travelers and those in areas with limited connectivity or who have low battery and need to navigate to a certain point.
- Public transport information: HERE WeGo includes public transport schedules and routes for many cities around the world. The app provides navigation directions and arrival time estimates to help users plan their journeys on public transport.
This Maps and Geolocation application provides a large number of development tools to create custom Maps and Geolocation applications. However, it has its own navigation application called Mapbox Navigation. Let’s go through some of the features:
- Real-time Navigation: Mapbox Navigation provides real-time navigation directions for driving, walking and biking with information on route distance, traffic and estimated time of arrival.
- Real-time traffic information: The application provides updated information on traffic conditions, allowing users to know and avoid potential congestion, accidents or obstructions on the route.
- Customization – We’ve already covered the features that Mapbox Navigation is known for its customization capabilities, allowing developers to fine-tune the appearance of maps and add additional data layers based on each user’s specific needs meets.
Waze is a real-time traffic GPS app that relies on users’ cooperation to provide up-to-date and accurate information about road conditions and status. The application, owned by Google Maps, continues to operate as an independent entity while maintaining its social and collaborative approach. Next, we are going to analyze its features:
- Real-time navigation and traffic: Waze provides updated GPS navigation as well as information on road conditions, for example if there are traffic accidents and if the road is under construction.
- Speed Alerts: Waze displays the current speed limit and alerts users when the speed limit is exceeded, avoiding fines for speeding. The app also shows the location of radars and speed cameras, as mentioned by other users.
- Fuel Price Report: Users can search for nearby gas stations and view fuel prices updated by the community.
- State Security Forces and Bodies Alerts: Police alerts and controls are shown.