MONTREAL-On Saturday night, Quebec police are negotiating with a man accused of kidnapping his three-year-old son earlier this week. This case triggered Amber alert and mass raids.
The Amber Alert ended on Saturday. Investigators found the 36-year-old man and his child in São Paulo, Quebec, about 400 kilometers northeast of Quebec City, not far from where they last appeared.
“They have found it, but there are still negotiations and actions to deal with this situation,” the sergeant said. Stephane Tremblay of Sûreté du Québec, Montreal.
Tremblay said that both the man and the child are still alive, but there is no further information about their condition.
Tremblay will not provide detailed information on how to find the couple, but said the police will release more information in the next few hours.
The police said they were at the scene of Chemin de la Coulée-Carrier in Sainte-Paule and urged people to avoid the area.
“This is a secluded area close to a small village. We don’t want people to go into the woods in the distance to try to interfere (interfere) with anything, because we know he may carry weapons, and we don’t want people to put themselves in danger,” Remble said.
Police previously speculated that the couple may be in the woods near the small town on the Gaspe Peninsula, saying that the man has survival skills in the wild and may use materials collected from nearby cabins and trailers.
Investigators announced on Friday that they had used DNA tests to identify the objects used by the couple, and they said the findings indicated that they were nearby and alive.
This News Originally From – The Epoch Times