Google Maps is a widely used navigation tool that offers a wide range of useful features. In addition to providing directions and panoramic street views, Google Maps can also help you find information about your location, including your zip code. In this article, we’ll show you a simple trick to find your postal code using Google Maps and how this feature can be useful in different countries.
- Accessing Google Maps: To get started, you’ll need to open the Google Maps app on your mobile device or use the web version in your browser. For optimum experience make sure you have stable internet connection.
- Finding Your Location: Once you’ve opened Google Maps, you can find your current location using the search bar or just manually exploring the map. Make sure you’re close enough to clearly see details in your field of view.
- View information: Once you’ve located your area on the map, tap or click that specific location. At the bottom of the screen, an information card with details about the location, such as the address and name of the location, will be displayed.
- Zip Code Identification: Inside the information card, look for the section that indicates the zip code. Depending on the country and the accuracy of the data available, the postal code may appear as a series of numbers or letters or both. Write down or remember the zip code to use as needed.
- Zip Code Utility: Knowing your zip code can be useful in many situations, such as when shopping online, shipping packages, filling out registration forms, or looking up specific addresses. Postal codes help delivery and navigation services to accurately identify and locate a particular location.
- Validity in Various Countries: This trick to get your zip code using Google Maps works in many countries including USA, Mexico, Peru, Ecuador, Chile and more. However, the availability and accuracy of the data may vary by region and data source.