05/30/2023 13:48 CEST
It’s clear that food waste is a global problem: Many of us throw away more food than necessary, and in many cases not because it’s in bad shape. According to FAO statistics, About 14% of food is lost between harvesting and distribution In supermarkets, greengrocers or other establishments. percentage that increases 17% if we talk Food that is lost between distribution and the final consumerAccording to UNEP.
Definitely, We need to learn to throw away less food than we needBesides, Saving money and reducing shopping cart costs, At Sport, we have prepared a short guide with tricks to solve this problem.
How to save money and waste less food at home
- If you store food in glass containers in the pantry and fridgeYou will know at all times how much of each product you have at that point in time.
- Analyze offers to maximizeBecause sometimes you can buy 3 products for the price of 2, but they are perishable foods that go bad in the end.
- store food correctly: Fruits and vegetables separately, freeze some fresh produce, vacuum pack if possible…
- order your mealsTake what is perishable first.
- don’t throw away the leftovers: If you have cooked food and you have leftover food, you can eat it the next day.
With these simple tips, along with proper purchases, you will definitely You’ll be able to throw away less food and save more money.
(translate to tag) save