An area of low pressure associated with a Tropical Wave has a high probability of becoming a hurricane and may affect some parts of Mexico. Here we will tell you what happened in this event and the states that will be affected.
What is the next Hurricane coming to Mexico?
In the Pacific Ocean, a low pressure area associated with a Tropical Wave is developing, which, according to the National Meteorological Service (SMN), has a 90% chance of cyclonic development in the next 48 hours and equal to seven constant days.
Which states will be affected by this Tropical Wave?
The SMN reported that the aforementioned Tropical Wave is located approximately 2,700 km southwest of Los Cabos, Baja California Sur and is moving northwest at a speed of 16 to 24 km/h.
Weather forecast in Mexico for Friday, September 15
Rain forecast for tomorrow, September 15, 2023:
- Very heavy rains with heavy occasional events (75 to 150 mm): Coahuila, Nuevo León, Tamaulipas, Guerrero and Oaxaca.
- Heavy rains with very strong areas (50 to 75 mm): Chiapas and Morelos.
- Rainfall intervals with heavy rainfall (25 to 50 mm): Chihuahua, Sinaloa, Durango, San Luis Potosí, Nayarit, Jalisco, Colima, Michoacan, Mexico State, Puebla and Veracruz.
- Chubasco intervals (5 to 25 mm): Zacatecas, Hidalgo, Mexico City, Tlaxcala, Tabasco, Campeche, Yucatan and Quintana Roo.
- Isolated rainfall (0.1 to 5 mm): Guanajuato and Querétaro.
The National Meteorological Service (SMN) warned that occasional heavy and heavy rains could reduce the visibility of roads, cause the level of rivers and streams to rise, as well as create landslides, floods and flooding.
Maximum temperature forecast for tomorrow, September 15, 2023:
- Maximum temperature of 40 to 45 °C: Sonora, Sinaloa, Tamaulipas and San Luis Potosí.
- Maximum temperature from 35 to 40 °C: Baja California, Baja California Sur, Chihuahua, Durango, Coahuila, New Leon, Nayarit, Jalisco, Colima, Michoacan, Guerrero, Oaxaca, Veracruz, Chiapas, Tabasco, Campeche, Yucatan and Quintana Roo.
- Maximum temperature of 30 to 35 °C: Zacatecas, Aguascalientes, Guanajuato, Querétaro, Hidalgo (north), Puebla (north and southwest) and Morelos.
Minimum temperature forecast for tomorrow, September 15, 2023:
- Minimum temperatures of 0 to 5 °C early Friday: mountains of Chihuahua, Durango, Michoacán, State of Mexico, Hidalgo, Puebla and Tlaxcala.
Wind forecast for tomorrow, September 15, 2023:
- Winds with gusts of 60 to 80 km/h with possible formation of tornadoes or tornadoes: Coahuila, Nuevo León and Tamaulipas.
- Winds 40 to 60 mph with possible tornadoes: Baja California, Baja Southern California, Sonora, Chihuahua, Durango, San Luis Potosí, Zacatecas, Aguascalientes, Guanajuato, Jalisco and Tabasco.