Two Argentine pizzerias have been recognized in the world ranking of The Best Pizza Awards 2023 edition. The national gastronomic projects recognized are Eléctrica Pizza and Ti Amo. The ranking is prepared annually based on the opinions of more than 200 anonymous inspectors.
Eléctrica Pizza, by pizza master Daniel Sebastián Levy, is ranked 58th in the world. For its part, Ti Amo pizzeria, with locations in Adrogué and Colegiales, ranked 73rd.
In this regard, the owner of Ti Amo pizzeria, Carola Santoro, said that last week she traveled to Naples for a Neapolitan pizza competition, where her project came in 38th place. “We are living a fantasy,” he said in the statement. radial.
Special mentions were also given in the categories “Pizza Science”, “Pizza Gastronomic Art”, “The Best Pizza Next”, “Pastry Pizza”, “Fried Pizza”, “Pizza Experience” and “Margarita Pizza”.
The best 10 pizzerias in the world
The ranking of the Best Pizza Awards is compiled by the votes of a group of 200 people, which includes pizza chefs and other gastronomy professionals from 6 continents, 24 countries and 74 cities . The first 10 ranking positions went to:
- Places called Peppercorn in Italy.
- Pizzeria I Masanielli, Italy
- Places called Pizzarium in Italy
- I Tigli, Italy
- 180 Gram Pizzeria Romana, Italy
- Places called Sartoria Panatieri in Spain
- The Pizza Bar on 38th, Japan
- Razza Artisan Pizza, United States
- Baest, Denmark
- Pizza Marumo, Japan
This year, the winner will travel to Mexico to receive the award at the award ceremony, scheduled for November 20, 2023 in Mérida, Yucatán.
The distribution of awards by continent
- Europe (63): Italy 45 (including top 3), Spain with 5, Poland with 3, Denmark with 2, France with 2, Austria with 1, Greece with 1, Ireland with 1, Netherlands with 2 and Great Britain with 1
- America (18): USA 14, Brazil 2 and Argentina 2
- Asia: (14) Japan 8, Hong Kong 2, Thailand 2, Philippines 1 and Singapore 1
- Oceania (2): Australia 2
- Africa (3): United Arab Emirates 2 and Egypt 1