Two buses and their passengers were stuck on Route 172 for several hours

An icy road.

Two buses with a total of almost 50 passengers on board are currently stuck on Route 172 between Sainte-Rose-du-Nord and Sacré-Coeur due to weather conditions that have forced its closure. All people are good.

One of the two drivers, Cédric Deschênes, confirmed that the situation was under control and was waiting for instructions from the authorities before he could continue his journey. He and 30 passengers on his bus were heading to Sacré-Cœur after attending a performance in Saguenay. They have been detained since 1 am, Saturday night. The driver explained to Radio Canada that the road was very dangerous.

We skidded, but I managed to stop and we leaned against the snow bank on the side of the road, assured Mr. Deschênes, who was still in the area. We didn’t take the canal, anything. (…) It was very dangerous and even then, I couldn’t move from there. It’s moving forward and it’s not going backwards.

Read Also:  At just 39 years old, he already has a liver that is... 108 years old

An Icy Road.

Route 172 is closed indefinitely due to severe weather conditions.

Cédric Deschênes and his passengers are at kilometer 75, while the bus and the 14 people on board are at kilometer 65.

On our side, everything is okay, he added. All I know is that they (the other bus) probably had a little fuel. But, hopefully, we can fly again to get it.

Lack of cellular network

The mayor of Sacré-Cœur, Lise Boulianne, blamed the lack of a cellular network on Route 172, which made the situation more difficult for some passengers.

We know that the bus at kilometer 65 has no means of communication.

Read Also:  Spain defeated Brazil in the second game of the group stage and guaranteed their place in the next round | basketball | Sports

I would tell you, from kilometer 28 to kilometer, I would tell you, 70-75, no cell coverage will work, said the mayor. So, it’s a problem.

Lise Boulianne believes that we must act quickly to avoid accidents with serious consequences like last July, when three people died. There was an accident last summer, he said. One woman died because there was no cell coverage and it took too long for help to arrive.