Two men were rushed to a clinic in the Buenos Aires neighborhood of Palermo due to chewing gum poisoning with the cannabinoid THC. The incident happened this Sunday, according to the police records, around 4:30 in the afternoon a 911 call came from two drunken men in a house at 600 Pasco Street in the Buenos Aires neighborhood of Balvanera.
The complainants indicated that they had purchased a bottle of THC chewable gums online, and were intoxicated, having difficulty breathing.
The two men, of legal age, were transferred to the Trinidad Clinic in Palermo where they are not in danger of life. The City Police’s Investigations and Organized Crime personnel were notified of the incident.
Due to the state where the two people are, it is not yet possible to collect information from the website where the purchase was made, but the gummies in question were delivered to the area of Investigation and Organized Crime of the City Police, where they were seized photo. Therefore, in the next few hours, they will arrive in court for the initiation of a criminal case to determine where they were sold.
Each gummy, according to the packaging label, contains 175 milligrams of THC, one of the highest potencies in the US cannabis edibles market. 10 milligrams is usually enough for a user with a certain tolerance, an effect that lasts for several hours.
THC chewing gum
Chewable THC gummies are similar to store candy but contain high doses of the cannabinoid THC. Because of their colors and flavors, they have become very popular in recent years.
The main uses of this product are recreational and medicinal, although the truth is that most use it for recreational use. These are usually sold in packages of 10 fruit-flavored gummies.
Customers can choose the type of dosage they want depending on the type of gummies they buy, the categories are divided into the following: Indica, which acts as a sedative; Sativa, which acts as a stimulant; Hybrid, which is a combination of sativa and indica, that is: sedative with stimulant.