The US Air Force’s F-35 fighter jet disappeared in flight on Sunday. The wreckage of that plane was found Monday in South Carolina. The US Marine Corps passed on this information. After the fighter plane disappeared, local people were asked to help search it.
According to Al Jazeera, the fighter jet was searched near two lakes in South Carolina. The plane’s wreckage was found two hours northeast of Joint Base Charleston. A fighter plane broke down during flight on Sunday. The pilot then jumped out of the plane. The fighter jet disappeared around 2 p.m. after flying in automatic mode for a long time.
The investigation into the F-35 malfunction is ongoing
According to Master Sergeant Heather Stanton of Joint Base Charleston, a large-scale search for the aircraft was underway in the South Carolina area. After the weather became more favorable, a South Carolina Law Department helicopter also joined the search.
An investigation is currently underway into how the plane broke down and crashed. People on site were asked to stay away from the scene of the accident.
The F-35 fighter jet is manufactured by Lockheed Martin. The construction of this aircraft began in 2006 and since 2015 it has been an important combat aircraft of the US Air Force.
America also wants to give India the same fighter jets
- The Aero India Show was held in Bengaluru in February. Foreign aircraft from around the world participated, but the one that grabbed the most headlines was the U.S.-made F-35 fighter jet. In fact, an American F-35 fighter had come to India for the first time. Experts believe that this was an attempt by America to woo India.
- According to a Reuters report, America had sent the highest number of delegates to India’s Aero India Show in its 27-year history. This shows how important India is becoming for America.
- The Russian exporter Rosoborona was the focus of the Export Aero Show. This time it was less. According to the report, America wants to end India’s dependence on Russia for arms purchases. This is why he is trying to woo India with an F-35 fighter jet.
- The USA will not give any country F-35 jets without further ado. At the same time, Rear Admiral Michael L. Baker was asked at the American Embassy if he would offer this fighter jet to India? He said that India was just now thinking about buying them.
America had also offered to sell F-35s to India. (File)
The F-35 fighter jet is very expensive
- The F-35 is the most expensive aircraft in the history of the US Department of Defense Pentagon. This fighter aircraft is more modern and more expensive than all previous aircraft. The budget for manufacturing was billions of rupees. In 2013, the government’s accountability department had called it a risky decision.
- The Pentagon is also clear that it has not been able to distribute this aircraft to many countries. Since its inception, Rs 60,000 crore have been spent on this aircraft. If the US Air Force uses these aircraft, it will only increase Pentagon spending. Maintenance is also difficult. Nevertheless, in the 2015 budget, then President Barack Obama had asked the US Parliament to pass Rs 80,000 crore for improvement.