Alexa Grasso remains UFC flyweight champion. The Mexican could not defeat Valentina Shevchenko like in March, but the memorable revenge in Las Vegas He’s finished Split draw gave Grasso the belt.
Shevchenko started the first round strong and got one demolition in the last minute, which found a good answer from Grasso to counteract the Asian’s attempts to overcome. However, The Mexican responded with a great second round which made the Kyrgyz woman’s boxing difficult until she was knocked down with a hard right punch.
In the third round, the champion ran into trouble again with another defeat by Shevchenko, who unsuccessfully sought submission via the guillotine. “We can’t let him beat you down again.” Grasso commented on the corner between the third and fourth rounds.
In the fourth round, Grasso suffered one Significant cut on the left eyebrow but still, rounded a good attack even got a takedown to show Shevchenko that she can do damage on this terrain.
In the last 5 minutes Grasso was close to winning the fight by submission again, just like he had done six months ago. However, Shevchenko survived, aided by the final bell, and the fight came to an end.
The first map, 48-47 Grasso. The second, 48-47 Shevchenko. The third and decisive, 47-47. Drawing, with the feeling that it won’t be long before we see both of them face to face again, in a fight that calls for trilogy.
UFC Night fights and results
- Alexa Grasso vs. Valentina Shevchenko, split tie; Flyweight Championship
- Jack Della Maddalena defeated Kevin Holland by split decision; Welterweight
- Raul Rosas Jr. defeated Terrence Mitchell by first-round technical knockout; Bantamweight
- Daniel Zellhuber defeated Christos Giagos by submission in the second round; Light
- Kyle Nelson defeated Fernando Padilla by unanimous decision; Featherweight
- Lupita Godinez defeated Elise Reed by submission in the second round; Straw weight
- Roman Kopylov defeated Josh Fremd by TKO in the second round; medium weight
- Edgar Chairez vs. Daniel Lacerda, without decision; Flyweight
- Tracy Cortez defeated Jasmine Jasudavicius by unanimous decision; Flyweight
- Charlie Campbell defeated Alex Reyes by first-round technical knockout; Light
- Josefine Lindgren Knutsson defeated Iasmin Lucindo by unanimous decision; Straw weight