Friday, October 15, 2021

UK requests millions in Indian COVID-19 hotspots to reduce travel

The British government encouraged a total of 5.7 million people, equivalent to 10 per cent of England’s population, to restrict travel and to gather outside rather than inside to restrict the spread of the Indian CCP virus variant.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock said in the House of Commons on Tuesday that an “enhanced package of support” for Greater Manchester and Lancashire would be provided to prevent increasing infections of the Indian variant, also known as the Delta variant, of the CCP (Chinese). to tackle. Communist Party) virus.

As part of the government’s recommendations, people in the affected areas are urged to gather outside where possible rather than inside, keep social distance and reduce travel inside and outside the areas where the variant is spreading rapidly.

The areas are the local authorities of Bedford, Blackburn with Darwen, Kirklees, Leicester, Hounslow and North Tyneside, along with the 10 Metropolitan city councils in Greater Manchester and the 12 local councils covered by the Lancashire County Council.

Local public health directors will also be able to set up face masks in common areas in schools if they wish.

Hancock announced military support to help areas in the Northwest with testing, overseeing school tests and greater communication with underprivileged groups.

Read Also:  British lawmakers propose to form a new British Army regiment for Afghan special forces

He said the government needed to get a “challenging decision” on whether to lift the remaining closure restrictions in England on June 21, as originally planned according to step 4 of the government’s official roadmap out of the CCP virus lockout.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson told members of his cabinet that the data should be examined before any decision is made on lifting restrictions.

“While the link between cases and hospitalizations has changed, we need to continue to examine the data thoroughly before making a decision on step 4,” he said.

The great mayor of Manchester, Andy Burnham, said it was “very important to keep a sense of proportion” over the government announcement.

“It’s guidance, it’s advice to the public. This is not an exclusion. It’s not a ban, ‘he said. “It’s not about telling people to cancel their plans, but about asking them to be careful when drafting new ones, to reduce non-essential travel.”

He said it was a “sensible approach, given the increase in affairs we have seen” and that he was grateful to the government for the “joint approach followed so far.”

PA contributed to this report.

.

Nation World News Deskhttps://nationworldnews.com
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news
- Advertisement -