The Aadhaar card has become an important identity card and is being used almost everywhere. Whether you want to file an income tax return, or apply for a new PAN card, an Aadhaar card is required everywhere. In such a situation, if the information like the address in your Aadhaar card is not correct, you will face a problem. If you also want to update the Aadhaar card address in your Aadhaar card, but there is a problem due to lack of any document, do not worry. Today we are telling you how to update the address on the Aadhaar card without proof.
Keep this in mind
This way you may not need proof of address, but you should enlist the help of ‘Aadhaar Verifier’. Aadhaar Verifier means your family member, relative, friend or landlord should allow you to use your address as proof. You need the Aadhaar number of such person and their mobile number should also be linked with the Aadhaar card. Through this you can apply for Aadhaar certification letter.
Also Read: WhatsApp’s Amazing Tips: You Can Chat With Yourself, Send Messages And Important Files
How to update Aadhaar card address (without proof)
1. First, you need to apply for an address verification letter. To do this, go to https://resident.uidai.gov.in and select “Request Aadhaar Verification Letter” given in the Aadhaar Update section.
2. It opens the Self Service Update Port (SSUP).
3. Now you need to login with your 12 digit Aadhaar number. Then the Aadhaar number of the verifier has to be submitted.
4. Now to approve the verifier, you will receive a link via SMS to their registered mobile number. By clicking on this link, they will receive another SMS, which includes OTP.
5. Verification must be verified by including OTP and captcha. You will then receive a Service Request Number (SRN) via SMS.
ALSO READ: Alerts for SBI Customers, Remember These 9 Things When Using an ATM
6. Now you need to login via SRN and check the address once. When the address is correct, click Submit.
7. You will receive a letter after submission. Apart from this, the ‘Secret Code’ will be sent to the Verifier by post along with the ‘Address Verification Letter’.
8. After this, you need to go back to the UIDAI website and click on ‘Proceed to Update Address’.
9. Log in with your Aadhaar card and select the Update Address option by secret code.
10. After entering the ‘Secret Code’, check the new address and click Submit. Now notice the ‘Update Request Number’ (URN) on the screen.