Monday, March 20, 2023

Users shocked by study that claims drinking alcohol ages your DNA

in various social network There has been a lot of controversy around the world, but once it is done, it is also intimidating. trendBecause a study done in United Kingdom Which claims that drinking more than 3.5 liters of beer a week can age your DNA.

compromised DNA

To carry out this study, data from half a million Britons enrolled in biobancoof which genetic markers were sought to determine which ones consumed the most. Threshold of 17 unitsie, five large glasses of wine, one was d n “old”,

As per the information provided by the portal MirrorIt is believed that people with long telomeres, meaning a . is nothing but being DNA sequence The repetitive cells that protect the chromosomes have a longer life expectancy.

Researchers Recommend Drinking Less Alcohol To Reduce Dna Aging.  (Photo: Afp)
Researchers recommend drinking less alcohol to reduce DNA aging. (Photo: AFP)

Advise to reduce alcohol consumption

The above media outlet highlights that the study emphasizes that Alcohol consumption had shortened telomeres in 40 percent of heavy drinkers, Whereas the remaining 60 percent who drank less than 17 units of alcohol per week had their genetics intact.

Mirror echoes the doctor’s statements Anya Topiwalaof Oxford Population Healthwho claimed that a person who drinks 14 pints a week Biologically, three years older than a person who is four years old is: “Reducing alcohol consumption can also be beneficial”,

alcoholism and other diseases

In this sense, institutions like alcohol change uk indicate that there is data that may link the consumption of these beverages to the presence of diseases such as Alzheimer’s, when NHSFor its part, it establishes that people should have no more than 14 units of this drink per week.

Users Shocked By Study That Claims Drinking Alcohol Ages Your Dna
Nation World News Desk
Nation World News Deskhttps://nationworldnews.com
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news