Around the world, the coronavirus pandemic has negatively affected the economies of many countries, including Colombia. Therefore, countries should use their most effective strategies to address the economic crisis. In the case of Colombia, the authorities have chosen to implement the VAT Refund, a measure designed to support people in vulnerable situations and reduce the financial consequences that the tax can have on low-income families. the income. Continue reading to get detailed information about this program.
How to check if you are eligible for a VAT Refund?
If you want to know if you are a beneficiary of this program, you can enter your identification number in the section titled “verify your beneficiary status here.” You also have the option of contacting the national number 01-8000-95-1100 for more information on this matter.
It is important to note that when accessing the website, you will be asked to update your data in the Sisbén IV system as a first step to obtain the relevant information about your eligibility to access the Value Payment Added Tax (VAT). This will allow you to determine if you meet the requirements established by the program.
When will VAT Refund payments be made?
Social Prosperity announced that funds from the VAT Refund program will be available to 2 million beneficiary households starting Monday, September 4. These resources correspond to cycles 1, 2 and 3 in 2023, as well as payments which are not claimed by the beneficiaries in the cycle of December 2022. The payments are available until September 24, and the total investment of the entity for This transfer is 534,000 million pesos.
What requirements do you need to meet to access the VAT Refund?
Must be registered with Sisbén to be eligible and receive benefits from Value Added Tax (VAT) Refund. Through this platform, the Government can effectively identify families facing the greatest challenges and provide them with the appropriate financial assistance.
How to verify if you are a beneficiary of VAT Refund?
To check if you are eligible to receive a Value Added Tax (VAT) Refund and confirm if your name appears on the updated list of beneficiaries, follow the instructions below:
- Access the website devolutiva.prosperidadsocial.gov.co/.
- Click on the “check here if you are a beneficiary” button.
- In the pop-up window, enter your ID number.
- Make a query to get the information you are looking for.
How is a household’s status determined in the VAT Repayment program?
There are four categories that indicate a home’s status within the program:
- Registered: A potential beneficiary household in the program is considered and a code is assigned, even if it does not yet meet the requirements to receive the VAT Refund.
- Beneficiary: The household is approved to receive a tax rebate.
- Not Now: The owner has requested to be removed from the program, or it is a single-person household, or the owner has died or moved.
- Ineligible: The household does not meet the requirements to receive a VAT refund for various reasons.