las protein They are essential for the proper functioning of the body. In fact, they are the main source of getting the right amount. amino acids that the body cannot produce on its own. This is why you need to pay special attention to nutrition if you decide to choose one. vegetarian diet,
In this Apotheca article, we tell you different options at your disposal if you have given up from your feed animal protein.
although dSeveral epidemiological studies suggest that vegetarian adults have a lower incidence of many of the chronic diseases of the Western world, a vegetarian diet. well organized and healthy It is not necessarily suitable for adults and children and adolescents. Something that gets too intense, in addition, we eliminate all animal derivatives as well.
This is why experts defend that diets should be adapted to the special needs of these early stages of life, when optimal growth and development are priorities.
Each type of protein has a function in the body. Some are involved in the immune system, others have an important role in muscle functioning or skin care, etc. Each of them is essential and the failure of one can affect the rest. To avoid future complications, Elsevier emphasize that it is necessary strengthen diet Along with some of the products we detail below.
Various options for animal protein
to cover all nutritional requirements To stay healthy, those same experts confirm that, in a vegetarian diet, it will be necessary to make up for the most compromised vitamin and protein deficiencies in the following way:
- fatty acids (eggs and fish). To compensate for its absence, increase your intake of foods and oils rich in oleic acid, such as Olive OilDried fruits (except walnuts), olives and avocados,
- hereo (meat, poultry and fish). find this font legumesnuts, seeds, whole grains, cocoadry fruits, green leafy vegetablespotato, spirulina and yeast, as well as tea, coffee or wine red,
- zinc This is another mineral that can be compromised in a vegetarian diet. For this reason, experts recommend increasing the intake of legumes, Whole grainsSeed, Mad and yeast.
- soccer (milk and dairy products). When these foods are not present in the diet, calcium intake is mainly from legumes, seeds, products derived from soybeans such as Tofu and other fortified products, Almondfortified breakfast cereals, such as hazelnuts, some dried fruits dried figs or dates, green leafy vegetables, Groove and algae.
- vitamin D (fish liver oil, egg yolk, oily fish or liver). To balance this deficiency in the diet, it is recommended to include vitamin supplements or foods fortified with vitamin D (breakfast cereals). exposed to sunlight,
- Vitamin B 12 (liver, organ meats, cheese, eggs, fish and beef). Experts warn that plant foods do not contain this vitamin, with the exception of fermented soybeans And this beganBut in insufficient or “extraordinarily variable” amounts, respectively.
While it may include statements, data or notes from health institutions or professionals, the information contained in Apoteca is edited and prepared by journalists. We advise the reader to consult a health professional on any health-related questions.