Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Versions that succeed among electric cars

Years ago the goal of car manufacturers was to offer more powerful vehicles than their main rivals. And customers demanded from him to look over his shoulder to his neighbors. But with the advent of electric cars, things have changed a bit. Although brands seek to smash records in terms of acceleration data or power levels, it is customers who demand other very different benefits. And the sales of electric cars prove it.

A few days ago when the folks at Kia presented their mighty EV6 GT in Spain, they showed a slide showing the percentage of units registered with the standard battery (58 kWh) and the long range version (77.4) . kWh).. and the last one destroys the first one, because what customers of electric cars are looking for now is autonomy. In the specific case of the Kia EV6, he confirmed that all units registered in Spain in 2022 and with the GT-Line equipment level had a long-range battery. Of the EV6 Air, only 17% of units sold in Spain opted for a battery more moderate in capacity, so that the remaining 83% equipped the 77.4 kWh capacity.

Among electric cars, long distance wins

Now a study on electric cars coming from the United States confirms this trend from the customer side. And it is that on the other side of the ocean, the 10 best-selling electric cars of 2022 have one thing in common: extra autonomy. And is that in that ranking, only the two best sellers offer an accepted autonomy of less than 300 miles (483 km) in its Long Range variant according to the United States Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy.

The list provided makes it clear that a customer buying a 100% electric vehicle is interested in autonomy. Proof of this is that the long range versions that made this list have an average range of up to 320 miles (515 km). And according to the aforementioned ranking, these were the best-selling electric cars in the United States last year:

Tesla has placed four of its models in the 10 best sellers

  • Tesla Model Y: 330 mi (531 km), 228,312 units
  • Tesla Model 3: 358 mi (576 km), 196,503 units
  • Ford Mustang Mach-E: 314 mi (505 km), 38,469 units
  • Tesla Model X: 348 mi (560 km), 33,081 units
  • Tesla Model S: 405 mi (651 km), 26,455 units
  • Chevrolet Bolt EUV: 247 mi (397 km), 25,743 units
  • Hyundai Ioniq 5: 303 mi (487 km), 22,560 units
  • Kia EV6: 310 mi (499 km), 20,072 units
  • Volkswagen ID.4: 275 mi (442 km), 19,665 units
  • Rivian R1T: 314 mi (505 km), 13,148 units

The Tesla Model S is the electric car with the longest range on this list, although curiously it is the model from the Californian manufacturer that sells the least on the other side of the ocean, having been overtaken by the other three electric vehicles they currently have in their portfolio. . On the other hand, the electric vehicle with the greatest autonomy that is sold on the other side of the ocean is the Lucid Air, whose versions are homologated to 516 miles on a single charge in the EPA cycle, equivalent to approximately 830 kilometers. However, this saloon has not entered the 10 most sought-after electric cars in the United States.

Tesla beats electric cars sold in America

Electric cars over 300 km/h tesla model s plaid 24 motor16

The price cut by the Californian firm caused sales of its Model Y and Model 3 to skyrocket. But it is also that their flagship in the company of the Ford Mustang Mach-E is also positioned on sale above the cheapest electric on the other side of the ocean, which is the Chevrolet Bolt EUV with a price of $33,995 (31,000 euros). ) without help.

Nation World News Desk
Nation World News Desk
Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.
Latest news
Related news


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here