Losing weight is not a goal that can be achieved overnight, for this healthy eating needs to be combined with exercise and good sleep practices. In addition, it is necessary to understand the role of metabolism in this process, since an accelerated metabolism favors weight loss.
according to Mayo Clinic, Metabolism is the process in which the body converts whatever we eat into energy to be used for various functions. It is noteworthy that this happens not only when it is active, but also when it is at rest.
For its part, the United States National Library of Medicine, Medline Plusexplain what Metabolism is the chemical and physical processes that “convert or use energy” such as respiration, removal of toxins through urine, regulation of body temperature, among others. And the National Cancer Institute describes it as a “chemical change that occurs in a cell or organism.”
only then Medline Plus Mentions the popular beliefs that exist about the acceleration of metabolism being equivalent to burning fat, which answers the many myths that revolve around it, such as:
- Does sleeping speed up metabolism? While it is true that this activity is necessary for the body to function, American organizations state that it does not speed up metabolism. But not following a few hours of sleep can be so harmful that it contributes to weight gain.
- Does Exercising Speed Up Metabolism? The answer is yes, even after a physical routine, the body continues to burn calories, but metabolism, although it speeds up, is restored when exercise ends. Which means that food intake should be moderate and healthy.
Exercise not only speeds up the metabolism, there are also certain vitamins that do this great job as well and help you lose weight. according to the portal voz populi these:
- B group vitamins. “These vitamins are essential for proper metabolism. The main function of the B vitamins is to help the body metabolize carbohydrates, proteins and fats, among many others.Pointing to the portal.
The following are vitamins of group B:
- Tiamina (B-1).
- Riboflavin (B-2).
- Niacin (B-3).
- Pantothenic acid (B-5).
- Pyridoxine (B-6).
- Biotin (B-7).
- Folate (B-9).
- Kobalamina (B-12).
foods that stimulate metabolism
Portal your health have listed many Foods that help improve the functioning of the metabolism.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar: Forum unkomo Explained that this component contributes to the acceleration of metabolism, thereby increasing the elimination of fats.
2. Green tea: it can contribute to weight loss, which is nothing more than the caffeine present in this plant and which is considered an excellent fat burner, thanks to its thermogenic effect, which means that it is a cell phone accelerates the metabolism of, according to Gastrolab.
3. Ginger: It contains antioxidants, anti-inflammatory properties and bioactive compounds that, according to some studies, help with weight gain, improve digestion, eliminate fat through the stool, and help with nutrient metabolism.
4. Cayenne Pepper: It has thermogenic properties, due to which heat is generated in the body, which helps the body to expend energy. This product contains a substance called capsaicin which produces satiety and is anti-inflammatory. Eating (in moderation) with chili is recommended.
5. Coffee: Because it is rich in caffeine, this food speeds up the metabolism and according to some experts,Can help with fat loss, but it is important to be clear that it should be avoided in cases of gastritis, high blood pressure or insomnia, points to the health portal your health.