AUSTIN, Texas — The ERCOT agency has declared a Level 2 emergency due to low reserves and is urging residents to conserve electricity as controlled power outages could occur in Texas.
This call to save energy will take place on September 6th from 6pm to 9pm.
Emergency Level 2 means people need to have a plan in place in case controlled power outages occur. Especially for those with serious medical needs.
“ERCOT will continue to monitor conditions and implement all available tools as part of our reliability-first operational approach,” it said in a statement.
By the time Stage 3 is reached, controlled power outages are already occurring across the state to conserve electricity.
The agency has the following energy saving policies as previously published by Univision:
· Raise the thermostat on your air conditioner by a degree or two.
· Use the fans to cool your home and not waste so much light.
· Turn off and unplug devices that you are not using.
· During these periods, avoid using devices that consume a lot of power, such as B. washing machines or dryers.
· If you have a business, turn off the air conditioner and lights when it’s time to close.
· If you have swimming pools, do not turn on the pumping systems at rush hour, but better at night or in the morning.