Oats are considered to be one of the healthiest foods that can be included in the diet, due to their nutritional properties, where fiber, minerals, proteins, and vitamins are prominent.
This grain is considered a superfood and a daily resource that everyone should take care of in their health. However, before making dietary changes, the best option is to consult a health professional.
In this sense the portal granita Regular consumption of oats with water on an empty stomach explains a range of benefits and the following are:
Improves intestinal transit
According to a study conducted by the Autonomous University of Mexico, oat flakes have been shown to be rich in amino acids, That is, it acts as a natural laxative, stimulates the liver and fights constipation.
lowers ldl cholesterol
It has been shown on different occasions that oat water contains beta-glucans, A type of soluble fiber and has the property of lowering LDL (bad) cholesterol levels. The above portal ensures that the consumption of this grain prevents the inflammation of the arteries, which is why the risk of heart attack is reduced.
lowers the sugar level
according to the portal healthlineOats prevent blood sugar from rising while keeping blood pressure stable. People with type 2 diabetes can consume oatmeal with water on an empty stomach.
Due to the high amount of calcium, folic acid and B vitamins in oatmeal, it reduces bone erosion. These properties of oats work more when left to rest for 8 hours.
stimulates weight loss
Consuming this cereal on an empty stomach helps satisfy hunger, thus avoiding recharging the stomach with unnecessary food.
Three healthy breakfast ideas with oatmeal
a study of Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health Note that rolled oats contain a variety of plant chemicals called phenolic compounds and phytoestrogens, which act as an antioxidant and help reduce the effects of chronic inflammation, Which is closely related to heart diseases.
Oatmeal, Cinnamon and Apple Smoothie
- 100 grams quick cooking oats.
- A green apple
- A glass of water (200 ml).
- A little cinnamon powder.
- Wash the apple and cut it into small pieces.
- It is not necessary to peel it, as it is precisely in the skin where many of its benefits help to lower cholesterol.
- Boil a glass of water with oats, so that it gets cooked.
- After 10 minutes, put apple pieces in it and let it cook for 20 minutes.
- When the apple becomes soft, turn off the flame.
- Pass all the ingredients through a blender to get a smooth smoothie.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon on top while drinking it.
- This recipe is ideal to have for breakfast.
Oatmeal and Blueberry Bowl
- Oats are prepared in this bowl with cinnamon, cardamom and nutmeg. Sweet touches are provided by blueberry compote and dried fruit.
- To provide more protein at breakfast, add sliced natural almonds; One of the healthiest nuts.
Oatmeal Oatmeal with Almond Milk
Almond milk is perfect for diets due to its low calorie index. It also improves heart health and is ideal for those who have intolerance problems with conventional milk.
With this recipe, you can start your morning with more energy.
- 200 ml almond milk.
- 4 tbsp oats
- Put milk in a vessel to heat and add cinnamon to it so that its taste increases.
- Make sure the fire is on medium temperature.
- Before boiling, oats should be added. Stir for about 10 minutes so that it acquires a nice texture and let it rest.
- It is recommended to add some fruits so that it tastes better and has optimal nutritional properties.