Cecilia Sierra / Quadratin
Morelia, Mich., February 11, 2023. – Neighbors of the Arco San Mateo subdivision allege that the Morelia city council intends to put their safety at risk, opening its main street for residents of another development to circulate freely.
In a meeting with the media, Alejandro Silva, on behalf of the subdivision and residents, said that after more than 15 years of living peacefully with the residents, paying for their services and the maintenance of their roads, Morelia is now The city council intends to install a bridge, a work that was announced after the start of a new housing project.
“We learned about the opening of one of our roads, Main Street, in the subdivision; This is not a road suitable for the vehicular flow they intend to pass through here, what we believe is to benefit a new subdivision, that is to communicate west, is a lie! ”, declared the spokesman for Arco San Mateo.
He assured that there will be 850 families in the three phases who will be affected because, in joint work, they have managed to guarantee the safety of all, including the subdivision of rural properties surrounding it, as well as private security. ,
“We are concerned and upset about this issue, because they have tried to intimidate us, have stamped on the fence,” he said, adding that, however, residents are more than organized, they have representatives on the streets and blocks, which they Assure them, they will maintain operational vigil to ensure everyone’s safety.
So far, the Morelia City Council has not released an official position.