Pandemic, inflation, climate change, political uncertainty.
At this point, the X Index barometer has been presented in its 2023 edition, launched globally by the Havas CX network, which has been carried out in 10 markets including the United States, the United Kingdom, France, China, Mexico, India, and Italy. , Germany , Portugal , Spain , examine the customer experience of more than 500 brands by surveying 54,000 consumers. In our country, and carried out by Arnold FullSix, the customer experience of 54 brands from 14 different business sectors was examined, with the opinion of more than 5,000 consumers.
One of the main conclusions of the report talks about the fact that we are immersed in an age of “hyper-experience”. Consumers expect the most from brands at all touch points, from functionality that meets their needs to creating a deeper emotional experience. To earn trust, brands and teams must simultaneously prioritize work and movement.
“Experience is everything. Today, building from a CX vision is the key to moving forward and building a competitive advantage. The right relationship exists between good CX development and making a profit. The data from the study reveals to us what makes for an outstanding customer experience,” says Javier Díaz, Chief Information Officer Arnold’s FullSix
From the research carried out, it can be seen that if we look at the 10 brands with the highest X Index (the best customer experience evaluated by followers) in Spain, two key lessons are revealed;
- The customer experience is heterogeneous and horizontal. Among the top 10 advertisers with the top 10 Index in Spain we found seven different sectors of activity (including some commonly blamed as in the banking, telecommunications or mobility/procurement sectors). The excellence of CX does not serve the active. Any marketer who cares about offering a good relationship model to their customers will be able to get consistent positive results.
- Low-cost telcos are cited for success: The three brands with the best customer experience in Spain are advertisers in the low-cost telecommunications segment. After the pandemic and the successive convulsive socio-economic conditions that we have suffered, users have specially rewarded these companies for being very efficient and cleverly combined in their models of relationships with their customers (“they don’t waste my time”). pleasure (“the experience with them is pleasant and pleasant”), price (below their competitors) and product/service (with equal levels of quality as their competitors in the premium segment).
What happens globally with user experience?
On a global level, the X Index barometer has also identified three drivers who would make a good CX move:
- I want everything: Don’t stop between efficiency and pleasure
- Make it hyper personal: Balancing personalization and privacy
- We came from the experience of pain and we came to the experience of the community: provide a peer and accessible experience of the community
Today’s consumers expect brands to offer a seamless experience on both sides of the coin. In an age where brand choice is virtually limited and customer service is powered by algorithms, brands that stand out and earn trust must go beyond primary service to create the best experience.
For Isabel Tardez, head of strategy and transformation at Arnold FullSix: “Consumer perception has changed, today’s reality forces them to be very selective and more demanding than ever when it comes to evaluating the experience generated by a brand. Now, when excelling in the functional part of the experience is taken for granted , brands must also be concerned about providing emotional criteria that elevate the experience and make it unique. To create memories, moments that belong to each one, that come closer and connect them with consumers, winning not only minds, but also hearts.”
With more options available than ever before, brands with lasting power will be those that create exceptional moments and interactions that recognize, respect and reward individual consumers, and understand their lifestyles, mindsets, priorities and needs.