Blood sugar, also known as glucose, is the main sugar found in the blood. It comes from the food eaten and is the main source of energy.
The blood carries glucose to all the cells of the body to be used for energy. So, if people are suffering from diabetes, it is important that they keep their sugar at a certain level.
In context, diabetes is a disease characterized by high blood sugar levels. Over time, this can cause serious problems. Even if a person does not have diabetes, they can still have health problems if their blood sugar is too low or too high.According to the special health portal MedlinePlus.
Fortunately, there are some natural remedies that can help control sugar levels. In fact, a magazine publication antioxidant indicates that consuming medicinal plant-based beverages may help reduce the risk of diabetes, modulate the inflammatory response, and improve insulin resistance.
Herbs to Regulate Blood Sugar
- Rishi, whose scientific name is Sage OfficinalisHas a hypoglycemic effect, helps lower blood sugar, thus controlling diabetes and even sugar in pre-diabetes.
- recipe: Steep 2 tablespoons of dried thyme leaves in 250 ml of boiling water and leave for 10 minutes. Take up to 2 times a day.
- Moringa, whose scientific name is Moringa oleifera, It is a plant that has many benefits, one of which is that it has a natural hypoglycemic effect.
- It can be consumed in tea, but it is also present in capsules.
- Juniper, whose scientific name is common juniper It is a plant that has hypoglycemic properties, thanks to its flavonoid content; In addition, it also has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, and can be consumed as a tea, according to a specialized health portal. your health.
- how to use: To prepare the tea, place 2 to 3 juniper berries in a cup of boiling water, cover, and let steep for 5 minutes. Strain and drink 1 to 3 cups daily for a maximum of 6 weeks.
- Cinnamon helps the body use sugar, reducing its amount in the blood, and thus controlling insulin resistance and glucose in diabetes, according to the journal Healthline.
- It is also possible to take advantage of cinnamon’s properties by adding it to coffee as a substitute for sugar, as it gives it a sweet touch, and even by placing a stick in a thermos with water and drinking it during the day. Even from
- recipe: To prepare cinnamon tea, add 3 cinnamon sticks with 1 liter of water in a pot, boil on medium heat for 5 minutes. Then cover the vessel till it becomes lukewarm, you can drink this tea several times a day.
- Karkeja, whose scientific name is Bacharis TrimeraHas hypoglycemic action, helps stabilize blood glucose, as it has scavenging and antioxidant action.
- recipe: To prepare the tea, 10 grams of Carcaja should be added to 500 ml of boiling water, letting it rest for 10 minutes. You can have up to 3 cups a day.