The job of a nanny or babysitter in the United States involves the care and supervision of children, usually in the home of the working family. This profession is in high demand in the US due to the growing demand for fathers and mothers who work outside the home and need reliable caregivers for their children. Find out HERE what are the requirements to start working as a nanny.
Requirements to work as a nanny in the United States
Being a nanny in the United States does not require requirements because it is not considered a ‘formal’ job in a strict sense. Next, we will tell you what are the requirements to consider:
- Be between 18 and 30 years old.
- Single and childless.
- Have a good command of English/French in the case of Canada.
- Register with one of the official agencies recognized in North American countries.
- Have a graduate school diploma or its equivalent (bachelor’s degree or professional training).
- Have childcare experience (not an exclusive requirement).
- Show willingness to live with an American family for at least 12 months, take care of the children and get to know their culture better.
- In some cases, there is a driver’s license.
Likewise, to work as a nanny in the United States, The first step is to contact an agency that can connect you with a host family. Through this association begins the process of applying for the required visa.