Into it the month of Marchwe can use fruits and vegetables about in the last month of winter; but also the first things that begin to appear in the coming of spring. buy time It is a more sustainable and cheaper option. If we choose products that do not depend on being imported to the market, we will be responsible for the costs of transportation, which result in the final price of the product, according to FATHER. We therefore say in this chapter that they are;
Choosing seasonal fruits and vegetables has many benefits benefits: By consuming fruit and vegetables in a natural cycle, we avoid forced cultivation and encourage local production. In short, betting on local seasonal food helps to a healthy diet and fight climate change.
In March, which happens when fruits and vegetables at the time of Februarythe variety of seasonal vegetables is wider and more colorful than that of fruits.
March season herbs
March is the time to consume the following seasonal vegetablesAccording to the Ministry of Consumer Affairs: chard, cactus, celery, cauliflower, onion, col, Brussels sprouts, Cabbage, asparagus, spinach, leek y* carrot. These are its properties;
1. CHARD and thorns; Like all leafy green vegetables, Swiss chard and spinach provide the most nutrients for health. Both are rich in vitamins A, C, K, E, and also in minerals, such as iron, potassium, calcium and magnesium. In addition, they contain beta carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin, which are easy to digest help protect against cell damage and inflammation. These properties help improve cardiovascular health, reduce cancer risk and improve brain health.
Another advantage of these vegetables is their versatility in the kitchen, since they can be raw in vegetables, other vegetables, or in cooked main dishes, such as lasagna or quiches.
2. Artichokes, cabbage, and Brussels sprouts; These three vegetables of the season in March are not as valued as they should be, despite their great properties. Brussels sprouts are rich in fiber, which helps maintain good intestinal health and prevents digestive diseases. In addition, they have a large amount of vitamin C, which helps strengthen the immune system and fight free radicals that can cause disease. They also contain folic acid, which is important for fetal development, as well as for maintaining good mental health and reducing the risk of heart disease.
Cabbage is rich in vitamins C and K, as well as folic acid, calcium and potassium. It also contains plant compounds called glucosinolates, which have been linked to the risk of certain cancers, including colon and lung cancer. Additionally, the high fiber content of cabbage helps lower blood cholesterol and improve gut health.
Artichokes are rich in nutrients such as vitamin C, vitamin K, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, folate, iron, magnesium, zinc, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, protein, and fiber. In addition, cinamon has been shown to reduce blood sugar levels, improve digestion, and heart and liver health. Some studies suggest that its consumption may help lower “bad” cholesterol (LDL) and regulate blood pressure.
3. Properties of celery and leek; leeks have anti-inflammatory properties and are rich in fiber. In addition, it contains vitamins, minerals and nutrients, which make it a very perfect vegetable. For its part, celery is an excellent source of fiber that helps maintain healthy intestines and has vitamin A, which is essential for stronger immunity and healthier skin.
In addition, it contains flavonoids and other nutrients anti-inflammatory properties and can protect against breakouts that cause pain and other health problems. Celery also contains a unique compound called 3-n-butylphthalide (BuPh), which has lipid-lowering properties and a calming effect on the central nervous system, which aids sleep. Both vegetables also help improve digestion, and celery contains apigenin and luteolin, which are flavonoids that have been linked to killing pancreatic cancer cells and relieving bloating.
March fruit season
The fruits are timely in March; avocado, strawberry, kiwi, lemon, tangerine, orange, Musa y* pomelo. These are its properties;
1. AvocadoThe kitchen of kings became one. It has earned its good reputation due to the fact that it contributes to the diet healthy fats called oleic acid, which helps control LDL and reduces cardiovascular risk. Avocado, during March, also contains a considerable amount of potassium, which completes its cardioprotective action. And to the number of the healthy, according to experts, must be added;
– Vitamin E with antioxidant effect.
– Avocatin B (AvoB), a compound that could be useful in diabetes control and also appears to treat myeloid leukemia.
– Lutein, controls a lot of things.
– Purity of food, which benefits the microbiota.
In addition, its unique and delicious taste can delight even the most refined palates, especially when experimenting with different cooking methods. If you dare, we leave this to you A step-by-step guide to growing avocados at home.
2. Strawberries; Strawberries are an excellent source of essential nutrients for good health. They are rich vitamins C, vitamin K, folic acid and potassium, iron and magnesium. They also contain other things of minerals important, such as calcium, phosphorus, manganese, copper and silicon. In addition, strawberries contain natural antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds. Vitamin C and polyphenols present in strawberries can improve insulin sensitivity, making them a healthy choice for diabetes or low blood sugar.
3. Tangerine and orange; These two citrus fruits have similar nutritional profiles, albeit with some differences. Oranges contain more than twice the vitamin C of tangerines, making them an excellent source of cholesterol-lowering agents. On the other hand, tangerines have more vitamin A per serving and are a good source of potassium, thiamin and folate. Both fruits can be a nutritious and low calorie supplement to a balanced diet.
Eating oranges can help prevent cancer and reduce DNA damage. In addition, drinking orange juice can reduce “bad” cholesterol and total cholesterol, which lowers the risk of cardiovascular disease. Tangerines and oranges can also contribute fiber improve blood sugar levels and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Both tangerines and oranges are highly nutritious fruits that can contribute to good health and a balanced diet.