The process of obtaining a US visa is in great demand around the world. And the country’s officials are diligent in checking applications, in an effort to allow entry to only acceptable individuals. In other words, they comply with the requirements regulated by law.
The effort is more in the case of applicants for temporary visas. To prevent this route for future illegal immigrants from entering the United States.
In pursuit of this goal, US consular agents research and verify vital information about each applicant, including their social media profiles.
This applies not only to the visa process, but also to the management of citizenship, or permanent residence (green card, or “green card”, in English) in the United States.
Crucial information on whether or not to obtain a US visa
U.S. consular agents conduct a thorough background review of applicants.
Experts say that a bulk of the data serves as a referential framework, it does not determine when to grant or deny a visa. Furthermore, it is impossible to know with absolute certainty what each one specifically probed for. But some aspects have a decisive influence in this regard.
Below are the most common elements to take into account:
- The applicant must not appear in a US government database associated with an alert.
- Applicant must not have a legal background and/or position inconsistent with the law of the United States of America.
- The applicant must demonstrate compelling reasons to return to their country of origin (family, property, secure and stable employment) when the visa expires.
- The applicant must prove possession of sufficient economic resources to cover the expenses of his or her stay in the United States.
- The applicant must present a “good record” in social networks. This is determined by his publications.
According to the competent authorities, publications regarding religion, or political affiliation and status do not affect the response to a US visa application. The purpose of the registry is to eliminate the existence of any “suspicious” elements.