Search
Saturday, December 10, 2022

What is casein found in milk and why is it banned in some countries?

Casein is 80% protein in cow’s milk.

This beneficial protein for athletes can cause side effects which is why some states have taken this measure.

Elizabeth Mendez

Casein is a protein of high biological value found in milk and some derived products such as cheese, yogurt or kefir. In fact, it accounts for 80% of the protein in cow’s milk and is absorbed more slowly than whey, which accounts for the remaining 20%, so it is absorbed slowly and steadily during sleep. provides. For this reason, it is known as a ‘slow protein’ and has an anti-catabolic effect, i.e. it prevents muscle breakdown and contributes to the regenerating muscle fibers, as well as being high in calcium. Contains quantity that strengthens the bone. system and tooth enamel. Casein is also a help for athletes who do strength exercises, as it provides the body with essential protein value.

Despite its health benefits, this protein should not be misused, as it can cause side effects if misused. Of those that have been observed, four stand out:

– Increase of mucus. The respiratory system is obstructed, preventing the transport of oxygen with full fluidity. Thus, poor digestion of casein is associated with worsening of sinusitis, rhinitis, asthma or otitis.

Allergies: Casein is one of the most commonly allergic milk proteins.

– kidney damage. If the kidney works without any problem, then there is nothing to fear. However, in people prone to kidney failure, when this protein is included in the diet, it has negative effects.

There may be an increased risk of type 1 diabetes, especially in children.

Recently, some countries such as Mexico have banned certain dairy products due to their high caseic content. In large quantities, sodium caseinate, a derivative of casein, stimulates appetite and long-term causes addiction to the products it contains, in addition to neurological diseases. In Spain, the limit for the presence of this protein in food artificially is set at 1%, so it is a good idea to check the ingredients of the products to find out whether it contains sodium caseinate or monosodium glutamate, by other names. can be given.

Nation World News is the fastest emerging news website covering all the latest news, world’s top stories, science news entertainment sports cricket’s latest discoveries, new technology gadgets, politics news, and more.

Latest News

Related Stories