The Christmas season is marked by whimsy, especially when it comes to food, but it is possible to eat healthy without indulging in excess. The important thing is to know how to consume food and drink to avoid the dreaded binge eating.
Jesus Roman MartinezPresident of the Scientific Committee of the Spanish Society of Dietetics and Food Sciences (SEDCA), explains that the Mediterranean diet helps maintain a healthy lifestyle Even at Christmas and offers a range of tips to end the holidays without extra kilos or less health.
- Alternate lunches and dinners with healthy options with dishes made from more vegetables and less consumption of animal fats will help reduce the feeling of intoxication.
- After a big lunch or dinner, just have one infusion and some fruit for a snack. In the next meal only broth, vegetables or salad will be taken.
- Although the drink of choice that should always be on the table is waterThe truth is that most people want to drink ‘other things’ on these dates. In this case, Martinez suggests that “in moderation, you can opt for fermented beverages, as is the case with beer, which offers a low alcohol and calorie content (88 kcal per 200 ml) in addition to having an antioxidant profile. Logically, nutritionists recommend taking it responsibly and always with food, following the Mediterranean lifestyle pattern and remembering that women (200-300 ml/day) and adult men (400 – 600 ml/day) is the maximum intake amount that is healthy for both. ,
- outside the specified dates, experts recommend taking a break and don’t drink alcohol for a few days, Likewise, Martínez recalls that there are occasions when you should not consume any alcoholic beverage: in certain disorders, when certain medications are taken, pregnant or lactating women, if we are going to drive, etc. . “In these cases, alcohol free beer It’s a great way to enjoy the holidays.”
- regular practice of Physical exercise It is still necessary. The ideal would be to be able to plan at least 2-3 sessions a week A moderate intensity activity such as: gym, cycling, swimming, etc. « In addition, it would be a great complement to be able to accompany this physical activity with a session of strength exercises that would help further loss of body fat, maintain muscle mass, and what is more important, health care Will help to lead a healthy life by maintaining healthy habits”.