Young Colombians are increasingly interested in studying abroad.
love the country United States, Canada and Australia They have become the main destination chosen by the students to start or continue their career, thanks to the wide range of programmes, their quality and facilities as well as other aspects.
(Job Opportunities Open for Colombians in Canada).
However, keep in mind that to obtain it you must have a visa that allows you to study in these countries, a task that can be difficult and cumbersome if you do not know how to apply.
“Our recommendation to students is to prepare themselves with at least 6 months to start the process from application to institution to the introduction of their keys”Study Abroad Agency CEO Andrea Palacios explains blue study,
Below we tell you what are the things an applicant should keep in mind to get a permit to study? United States, Canada and Australia,
In the case of Canada, for example, the type of student and program they apply for should be considered if they are visiting with their family, if they are looking for a work permit or if it is a technical or higher program, among other aspects.
It is also important to know The Government of Canada will request documents from your education in the country of origin along with their official translation, Demonstrate that you have the economic solvency to stay in the country for the first year of your stay and that you have the resources to pay for your course.
In addition, you must present in a letter the reasons why it is important for the applicant to take the selected course, explain why he or she will be traveling with his family, if he does, and all details as to why he left this country. Chosen. His studies
(Most powerful passport in the world).
Although this will depend on the type of visa and study programme, Canada requires, in most cases, the following requirements:
Enrollment in recognized educational institution.
– Verifiable justification of financial solvency for your living expenses during the first year of your stay in the country. For that first year of stay you should have a visa of approximately CAD 900 per month, approximately $3,100,000 Colombian pesos.
– Letter of confirmation of enrollment from the institution where you are going to do the course.
– Three (3) recent passport photographs.
– Payment of administrative fees. Its value is currently CAD 150 ($520,000 pesos).
United States of america
In the case of the United States, there are also different types of visas that are classified under the non-immigrant category.
The types of visa are:
– The Display F1 It is used for full-time students at an accredited university or college that offers a higher degree.
– The M1. Show It is used for business studies. The studies are brief and technical, and do not confer university degrees, only certificates. If you want to continue further studies you will have to convert to F1 status.
– The Display J1 It is used for exchange of students. The idea is to promote learning in academia, arts and sciences. It can also be used by students with or without a sponsor, and they must be full-time students.
Again, depending on the type of visa, certain documents are required, but, in most cases, these are the most requested.
– valid passport.
– Form DS-160 (Non-immigrant visa application).
– Application payment receipt.
– Passport size photo.
– Certificate of Visiting Student or I-901 (Student and Exchange Visitor Program, SEVP, for its abbreviation in English).
– Proof of payment to service.
In the case of Australia, candidates are recommended to take at least six months and meet the following requirements: Provide confirmation of their enrollment in the course (COE) or offer letter issued by the educational provider they have chosen. It is important that the course you enroll in is registered with the educational framework CRICOS (Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students).
When requesting a visa, you must show that the trip is actually temporary and only to study, to show that you have sufficient funds to cover the cost of registration, travel and stay. There are also cases in which a document certifying knowledge of the English language is requested.
Finally, those applying for a student visa must obtain OSHC medical coverage that lasts as long as their visa. This policy is mandatory for all who wish to study in Australia.